All-New 2013 ES 350 With Enhanced Handling and Lexus Signature Design
• Steering and Suspension Enhancements Deliver Crisp, Confident Driving Experience
• Longer Wheelbase Dramatically Increases Interior Roominess
• Advanced Safety Features Include Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
The introduction of the all-new 2013 ES 350 marks the sixth generation of Lexus’ popular luxury sedan since its introduction over 20 years ago. Featuring the signature Lexus spindle grille, a progressive new design and enhanced handling, the ES brings new levels of refinement and quality to the entry luxury segment.
The ES 350 is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 engine with Dual VVT-i that delivers 268 horsepower at 6,200 rpm and 248 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 4,700. The six-speed sequential-shift automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) provides enhanced driving performance, fuel efficiency and smooth shifts. Low friction materials further improve efficiency and help the ES 350 to achieve EPA-fuel economy estimates of 21 mpg city, 31 mpg highway and 24 mpg combined.
The ES 350 features a Drive Mode Select feature, with Normal, Eco and Sport modes, allowing drivers to customize their experience.
- NORMAL mode provides a blend of performance and efficiency that is suited to everyday driving.
- ECO mode revises throttle mapping and climate control systems to favor fuel economy while the meter lighting changes to blue.
- Sport mode increases powertrain and steering responsiveness, while the IP changes from the hybrid power monitor to a tachometer.
- Suspension changes, a stiffer body and a quicker steering gear ratio to deliver more precise handling.
- Front suspension employs opposite-wound coil springs to help enhance straight-line stability.
- Revised rear suspension geometry and improved shock absorber damping characteristics enhance ride comfort.
- Steering gear ratio has been reduced from 16.1:1 to 14.8:1 to help deliver a more responsive and direct steering feel.
- Increased body rigidity is achieved through lightweight, high tensile strength steel, added bracing and more spot welds.
- Airflow is smoothed beneath the vehicle, improving stability and fuel economy, and reducing drag.
- Equipped with standard 215/55R17 low rolling resistance tires on 17-inch alloy wheels or optional high-gloss 17-inch wheels.
- For the first time, 18-inch high-gloss alloy wheels are offered.
- The optional Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) helps detect vehiclesin side blind spots.
- The RCTA alerts the driver to rear cross traffic when backing out of a parking spot.
- Available Lane Departure Alert (LDA) is integrated with automatic high beam dimming technology.
- The available Pre-Collision System (PCS) uses sub-millimeter wave radar, designed to detect certain obstructions traveling ahead and prepare the vehicle for a potential collision.
- The ES features a class-leading 10 airbags as standard equipment, including driver and front passenger knee, front and seat-mounted air bags, as well as rear seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags.
- Whiplash Injury Lessening (WIL) front seats are designed to limit excessive head movement in certain rear-end collisions, helping to decrease the severity of whiplash-type injuries.
- Genuine leather is available, as is semi-aniline leather for a more refined look and feel.
- The optional HDD Navigation System includes voice command, an integrated backup camera, an eight-inch screen, and the next generation Lexus Enform® system with App Suite.
- Lexus Enform provides seamless connectivity with Bing™ search, iHeartRadio, MovieTickets.com, OpenTable®, Pandora®, Yelp® and Facebook Places through compatible smart phones. (A one-year subscription to Lexus Enform with App Suite is included.)
- An available 15-speaker 835 watt Mark Levinson® audio system features an eight-inch display screen, HD Radio with iTunes tagging, DVD audio/video and a Sirius XM Satellite Radio receiver. Exclusive GreenEdge technology from Mark Levinson doubles the output of the amplifier, while reducing energy consumption by fifty percent.
- The wheelbase has been lengthened by 1.8 inches, while overall length of the vehicle has grown by one inch, resulting in shorter overhangs and a more spacious interior.
- The “L” design motif is reflected in the LED daytime running lights and combination rear lamps. Fog lamps are integrated into the sculpted lower front bumper fascia.
- The ES 350 sports dual exhaust pipes.
- Rear headroom is increased by 0.8 inches, knee room is increased by 2.8 inches andlegroom is lengthened by 4.1 inches. Additional foot room below the front seats enhances rear passenger comfort.
- An available 12-way power seat allows the seat cushion to extend by 1.4 inches for better leg support.
- The steering wheel angle has been reduced from 24 degrees to 22 degrees for a more natural control position.
- The instrument panel places the main information display directly in the driver’s line of sight, supplemented by a center-mounted 3.5-inch color TFT multi-information display screen or available navigation and multimedia system.
- The second-generation Remote Touch Interface (RTI) allows the user to operate the climate, audio, phone controls, optional navigation system and more. The screen menus are selected with a controller located on the center console.
- The interior is offered in Black, Light Gray, and Parchment. Trim colors and materials include Piano Black and Espresso Bird’s-eye Maple.
- 48-month/50,000 mile basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.