TORRANCE, Calif., (Sept. 24, 2012) – Sometimes, style and technology come together to create a product that is both beautiful and intelligent. Inspired by the all-new 2013 Lexus ES, which blends advanced technology and style, Lexus has curated eight start-up products that are currently seeking funding to move into production. Each product embodies the intersection of high-tech and high-style. The goal is to make four of those ideas a reality.
Beginning today and continuing each week for four weeks, the “Lexus Ignition” Facebook application will match up two products and ask the digital community to vote for its favorite. The winner of each week’s popular vote will receive up to $25,000 in funding from Lexus. In total, Lexus will provide up to $100,000 in funding to four fan favorites in the head-to-head competition built entirely upon the brand’s social media channels.
“With the new 2013 Lexus ES, we continue to push the boundaries of style, technology and innovation, and we are motivated to support other creative projects that exemplify this philosophy,” stated Brian Smith, Lexus vice president of marketing. “We found these innovative product ideas, but we are leaving it up to our social community to decide which companies will receive the funding.”
Starting today through Oct. 21, each weekly voting period will begin on Monday at 12:01 a.m. ET and conclude the following Sunday at 11:59 p.m. ET. The eight featured products include:
• Carbon Fiber Folding Electric Bike
– Lightweight carbon fiber folding e-bike that provides urban commuters a grease-free, sweat-free commute.
• Vers 2Q
– Powerful, yet compact Bluetooth stereo sound system, wrapped in a handcrafted wood cabinet.
• Urban Fidelity Airflow Mini Speakers and Subwoofer
– Fantastic sound featuring artwork from indie artists and eco wood construction (no plastic!).
– The world’s first pocket-sized, video stabilization case for a smartphone that eliminates shaky video.
– Portable solar-powered smartphone and tablet charger with built-in retractable cords.
– Mobile video recorder mount that tracks movement without the need for a cameraman.
• Botiful X
– Personal telepresence robot with edge detection.
• spnKiX M
– A stand-up and sit-down scooter in one. Sleekly designed, lightweight and foldable for easy storage.
For demonstration videos for each product and to vote, visit www.LexusIgnition.com and join the conversation on Twitter by following #LexusIgnition.
# # #