Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) today announced its financial results for the six-month period that ended Sept. 30, 2016.
Global Financial Highlights:
- Global sales of 4,363,537 vehicles increased by 85,530 units compared to the same period last fiscal year. Japan, Europe and Asia posted sales gains, while North America and other regions declined.
- Consolidated net revenues for the period totaled 13.07 trillion yen (*$124.476 billion), down 7.2 percent.
- Operating income decreased to 1.1168 trillion yen (*$10.636 billion), down 29.5 percent.
- Net income decreased to 946.1 billion yen (*$9.010 billion), a 24.8 percent decline.
- Financial services operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) decreased to $138.1 billion yen (*$1.315 billion).
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 105-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
North America Financial Highlights:
- Sales decreased by 12,695 vehicles to 1,400,369 units.
- Operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) increased to 296.8 billion yen (*$2.826 billion).
(*currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 105-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
Fiscal Year Global Forecast (April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017):
- Global consolidated vehicle sales were revised to 8.85 million.
- Consolidated net revenue of 26.0 trillion yen (*$252.427 billion)
- Operating income of 1.7 trillion yen (*$16.504 billion)
- Net income of 1.55 trillion yen (*$15.048 billion)
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on a projected 103-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
For more information on the fiscal year results, go to: