Management Briefing Seminar
August 5, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Steve St. Angelo, Toyota Chief Quality Officer
We are allowing for more testing during the development phase of new vehicles in order to incorporate important feedback based on customer usage before mass production begins.
• We cleaned cars
• Talked to customers & technicians
• Answered customer phone calls
• Served refreshments….and we learned
We want them asking the tough questions and I can tell you, they do.
• They are hands-on
• Line-side to see our Quality Systems
• Pulled Andon—-Drove Cars
• I’m growing personally as a result of being around them
• We aim to produce one million traditional hybrids per year later this decade;
• We plan to offer a plug-in hybrid to consumers within two years;
• Our goal is to put a battery-electric car on the market in 2012; and
• We plan to sell zero-emission, hydrogen fuel cell vehicles in 2015.
• The Book
• Quality Month-October (throughout North America)
• Problem Solve-Standardized Work Audits
• Tech Fairs-Warranty Part Displays
• Quality Idol