Five New Models Average 44 MPG Combined EPA Rating
The Scion iQ (EPA rated 37 mpg combined), Camry Hybrid (EPA rated 40.5 mpg combined average for LE and XLE trim levels), and Prius v (EPA rated 42 mpg combined) all arrived to market in late 2011. The Prius Plug-in (EPA rated 50 mpg combined and 95 MPGe), featuring extended electric range, is making its way to first customers in the 15 launch states, and the Prius c (EPA rated 50 mpg combined) will be on sale nationally March 12.
These five new models arrive to market with Toyota already enjoying a 12-percent improvement in Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) and a 10-percent improvement in U.S. truck CAFE over the past five years. Toyota remains committed to a long-term plan to bring a portfolio of advanced technologies to market, including hybrid, battery electric and hydrogen-powered vehicles.
- 2012 Prius c (ranked 1st, 53 city, 46 hwy)
- 2012 Prius (ranked 2nd, 51 city, 48 hwy)
- 2012 Prius v (ranked 4th, 44 city, 40 hwy)
- Toyota Camry Hybrid LE (ranked 7th, 43 city, 39 hwy)
- Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE (ranked 8th, 40 city, 38 hwy)
- 2012 Scion iQ (ranked 10th, 36 city, 37 hwy)