- New Limited Production Touring Sport Edition Avalon
TORRANCE, Calif. (Oct. 20, 2014) – Toyota’s Avalon flagship continues to be on a roll as it cruises into the 2015 model year. Its sculpted elegant and athletic exterior design, dynamic performance, and high level of refinement and technology have proven very popular with drivers and passengers alike, allowing them to go places in style and comfort.
For 2015, Toyota introduces a new limited production XLE Touring Sport Edition, while the rest of the Avalon lineup adds some popular features to more grades.
The 2015 Avalon offers a choice between an energetic yet silky-smooth V6 powertrain and Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive. The V6 comes in all grades: XLE, XLE Premium, XLE Touring, new XLE Touring Sport Edition and Limited. The Hybrid is available in the XLE Premium, XLE Touring and Limited grades.
The 2015 Avalon is coming soon to a dealer near you as it begins arriving in late October!
XLE Touring Sport Edition
Taking advantage of the Avalon’s coupe-like silhouette and chiseled lines, a new XLE Touring Sport Edition makes a striking style statement. This unique Avalon model is built from the gas Touring grade and capitalizes on Avalon’s reputation for attractive styling and spirited driving dynamics.
Every Avalon XLE Touring Sport Edition includes:
- Attitude Black exterior color
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) Quadrabeam headlights with auto on/off feature and LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- 18-in. black-painted machined finish alloy wheels with P225/45R18 tires
- Unique Avalon Touring Sport Edition badges
- Perforated leather-trimmed multi-stage heated front seats with dark blue stitching; 8-way power-adjusted driver’s seat with power lumbar support; 4-way power-adjustable front passenger seat
- Dark blue dash trim and center console accent
- Avalon Touring Sport Edition logo floor mats with dark blue trim
- Aluminum scuff plate doorsills
- Avalon Touring Sport Edition splash screen logo
This special Avalon will be in limited production from late October 2014 to March 2015 with only 2,500 units built.
Upgrades for 2015
The Avalon gas and hybrid models add popular comfort and convenience features as standard equipment in more grades. New and expanded features for the 2015 Avalon include:
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) added to Avalon XLE Touring and Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring.
- Paddle shifters and Sport, ECO and Normal modes across the gas model lineup.
- Two new colors are added: Celestial Silver Metallic and Cosmic Gray Mica. Classic Silver Metallic and Cypress Pearl will be discontinued.
- All models receive 2nd generation Entune® audio across the lineup
Additionally, 17-inch alloy wheels are now available as an option for Avalon Limited (gas).
The 2015 Avalon XLE Sport Touring grade receives a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $37,170. All other Avalon gas models will carry a MSRP ranging from $32,285 for the XLE to $39,980 for the Limited model.
Pricing for the Avalon Hybrid will start at $36,470 for the XLE Premium to $41,700 for the Limited model.
The MSRP for the 2015 Avalon does not include the delivery, processing, and handling (DPH) fee of $825. The DPH fee for vehicles distributed by Southeast Toyota (SET) and Gulf States Toyota (GST) may vary.
|3544||Avalon 4-DR XLE||$31,590||$32,285||$695||2.2%|
|3546||Avalon 4-DR XLE Premium||$33,445||$34,140||$695||2.1%|
|3554||Avalon 4-DR Limited||$39,900||$39,980||$80||0.2%|
|3548||Avalon 4-DR XLE Touring||$35,250||$36,080||$830||2.4%|
|3549||Avalon 4-DR XLE Touring Sport Edition||NA||$37,170||NA||NA|
|3506||Avalon Hybrid 4-DR XLE Premium||$35,805||$36,470||$665||1.9%|
|3508||Avalon Hybrid 4-DR XLE Touring||$37,000||$37,800||$800||2.2%|
|3514||Avalon Hybrid 4-DR Limited||$41,650||$41,700||$50||0.1%|
Toyota Division Communications
Craig Taguchi (310) 468-3282 or email@example.com
Sam Butto (310) 468-7728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Web site: http://www.toyotanewsroom.com
Public Web site: http://www.toyota.com
NOTE TO EDITORS: Photos and video to accompany this story are available and can be retrieved in digital form by media without charge at http://www.toyotanewsroom.com.