Toyota Motor Corporation President Akio Toyoda Announces Global Quality Task Force
February 05, 2010
February 5, 2010
Toyota Motor Corporation President Akio Toyoda spoke at a press conference today in Nagoya. Mr. Toyoda expressed his deep regret for the inconvenience and concern caused to our customers. He also announced that he personally will take the lead toward improving quality around the world by establishing a global quality task force that will conduct quality improvement activities region by region.
The Committee headed by Mr. Toyoda will have a six point action plan:
1) Improve Quality Inspection Process - Toyota will once again inspect every process, while verifying the causes that led to the recalls, including quality in design, production, sales and service.
2) Enhance Customer Research - Toyota will enhance the customer information research offices in each region to collect information faster.
3) Establish an “Automotive Center of Quality Excellence” in key regions to further develop quality management professionals
4) Support from Outside Experts - Toyota will seek confirmation and evaluation from outside experts—in line with the industry's best practices—of its newly improved quality control management, based on the above improvements.
5) Increased Communication - In addition, Toyota will work to increase the frequency of communication with regional authorities.
6) Improve regional autonomy - To provide customers with satisfying products in each and every region, Toyota has long promoted the autonomy of its regional subsidiaries. We intend to further enhance this autonomy, listen carefully to each and every customer and improve quality.
Detailed information and answers to questions about issues related to recalls are available to customers at www.toyota.com/recall and at the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331.
Media Web site: http://www.toyotanewsroom.com
Public Web site: http://www.toyota.com