The all-new 2008 Land Cruiser builds on the off-road heritage of Toyota SUVs and the Land Cruiser's half century of quality, durability, and reliability. This project reveals how a few well-placed accessories can transform the "King of 4x4" into the ultimate survival machine.
While keeping the luxurious interior intact, select performance and exterior enhancements were combined to make this Cruiser safari ready. The Land Cruiser features aggressive 35-inch Toyo tires and 18-inch Ultra wheels. Staun internal bead locks also serve as run flats. The custom front and rear bumpers by Off Road Evolution and TJM are accented by an array of HID, halogen, and flood lights by Light Force Lights. The front bumper hides a Warn 9.5 ti winch and the rear bumper has swing away utility carriers one for the spare tire and one for a gas grill. To go along with the luxury ride the Land Cruiser's passengers have five star sleeping accommodations in the Hannibal Tent mounted on the roof.
Performance modifications include a custom TJM/Off Road Evolution snorkel, custom coil-over front shocks by Radflo and rear springs and shocks by TJM, along with Dual Optima Yellow Top Batteries. The new 5.7L i-Force V8 provides all the power the Land Cruiser will need at 401 ft/lbs of torque and 381 horsepower.
Inside the Land Cruiser is stock and includes eight-passenger seating, navigation system, rear seat DVD entertainment system, and a center-console cooler box.
The all-new 2008 Land Cruiser is now available at Toyota dealerships nationwide. Learn more about the new Land Cruiser at Toyota.com. This Land Cruiser project build was executed by Off Road Evolution of Fullerton, Calif.
2008 LAND CRUISER PROJECT VEHICLE SPECIFICATIONS
• Radflo Suspension Technology Custom Coil Over Front Shocks
• TJM Rear Coil Springs and Shocks
• TJM/Off Road Evolution Custom Snorkel
• Dual Optima Yellow Top Batteries
• TJM / Off Road Evolution Front Winch Bumper
• TJM / Off Road Evolution Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier
• Hannibal Safari Equipment Roof Rack/Tent/Awning
• Warn 9.5 ti Winch
• Off Road Evolution Rocksliders/steps
• 35" Toyo Open Country M/T Tires
• 18" Ultra Goliath wheels
• Staun internal bead locks
• Light Force Lights - 8 Inch Hid Lights on the Bumper
• 8" Halogen Lights on Front of Roof Rack
• Rear Flood Lamps