TOKYO (January 21, 2021)―Newly founded in January 2021, Woven Planet Group will host its virtual opening event, “The Genesis,” on January 29th. At the event, the leaders of its four new companies will introduce each company and its mission, and share their work and thoughts on making people’s lives happier through future mobility. Woven Planet Group looks forward to seeing all of you there!
Opening Event “The Genesis” Overview
- Date and Time: Friday, January 29, 2021 1:30 – 2:30 pm (JST)* (Thursday, January 28, 2021 11:30 pm ET)
- Style: Online
- Company introduction and messages from the leaders
- Woven Planet Holdings (James Kuffner)
- Woven Core (Ken Koibuchi, Hiroshi Mushigami)
- Woven Alpha (James Kuffner, Samira Emmerson)
- Woven Capital (Hiroshi Saijo, George Kellerman)
- Toyota Research Institute – Advanced Development, Inc. announces it will expand and improve its operations by forming Woven Planet Holdings and two new operating companies, Woven Core and Woven Alpha
- Toyota Research Institute – Advanced Development to Form Woven Capital, an $800 Million Global Investment Fund
* The schedule is subject to change depending on the situation with COVID-19. The latest information can be found on the event page.
About Woven Planet
At Woven Planet Group, we are on a mission to design a happier planet through secure, connected mobility solutions. Founded in 2021, Woven Planet Group expands the operations of Toyota Research Institute – Advanced Development to bring its vision, “Mobility to Love, Safety to Live” to life. Under this shared goal, our four companies, Woven Planet Holdings, Woven Core, Woven Alpha and Woven Capital are transforming how people live, work, and play through new innovations and investment in automated driving, robotics, smart cities, and more. For more information, please visit: https://www.woven-planet.global/