- RAV4 sells more than 43,000 for all-time record back-to-back months
- TMNA posts best-ever August light truck sales
- Lexus NX, GX and Total LUV post best-ever August
PLANO, Texas (September 1, 2017) – Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) Inc., today reported August 2017 sales of 227,625 units. With one more selling day in August 2017 compared to August 2016, sales were up 6.8 percent on volume and up 2.8 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota division posted August sales of 196,824 units, up 8 percent on a volume basis, and up 4 percent on a DSR basis.
“First and foremost, our thoughts are with all those suffering from the devastating effects of Hurricane Harvey,” said Jack Hollis, group vice president and general manager, Toyota division. “Though demand softened in the last part of the month, August was still a good month for the industry. We continue to set records in light trucks, with RAV4 having its second consecutive month over 40,000, setting another all-time best-ever, and the all-new Camry is off to a great start. Now, as we launch our Camry marketing campaign today, we look forward to gaining even more momentum. ”
Lexus posted August sales of 30,801 units, down 0.4 percent on a volume basis, and down 4.1 percent on a DSR basis.
“Customers took advantage of our Golden Opportunity Sales Event and we were pleased to see Lexus sedans gain momentum for the month of August, most notably the ES,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “We also saw a sales increase for the NX and GX luxury utility vehicles. As the new 2018 models begin to roll in, we expect strong sales as we head toward the end of the year.”
August 2017 Highlights:
- Camry posts August sales of 37,051 units
- TMNA, Toyota and Lexus divisions post best-ever August for light trucks
- RAV4 sales up more than 30 percent to exceed 43,000 units for back-to-back, all-time best-ever months
- Highlander sales increased by nearly 26 percent; posts new best-ever August
- 4Runner sales of 10,358 units in August
- Tacoma sales rise by more than 13 percent in August
- Tundra posts August sales of 10,320 units
- ES posts sales of 6,404 units, up nearly 10 percent
- NX sets best-ever August, up 2 percent
- LX up nearly 11 percent in August
- RX sees more than 7 percent gain in August
- GX sets best-ever August, up nearly 34 percent
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume
Toyota (NYSE:TM) has been a part of the cultural fabric in the U.S. and North America for 60 years, and is committed to advancing sustainable, next-generation mobility through our Toyota and Lexus brands. During that time, Toyota has created a tremendous value chain as our teams have contributed to world-class design, engineering, and assembly of more than 33 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 46,000 people (more than 36,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (nearly 1,500 in the U.S.) sold almost 2.7 million cars and trucks (2.45 million in the U.S.) in 2016 – and about 85 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 15 years are still on the road today.
Toyota partners with community, civic, academic, and governmental organizations to address our society’s most pressing mobility challenges. We share company resources and extensive know-how to support non-profits to help expand their ability to assist more people move more places. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com.
|Toyota Media Relations|
|Lexus Media Relations|