TORRANCE, Calif. (May 1, 2015) – Toyota, Scion and Lexus today reported total April 2015 sales results of 203,329 units, an increase of 1.8 percent from April 2014 on a volume basis.
- Total light trucks set new April records
- RAV4 and Highlander recorded their best Aprils ever
- 4Runner sales up 18 percent for the month
- Tacoma and Tundra combined sales up 9 percent
- Lexus sales up nearly 12 percent, its best start for the year – ever
- Lexus LUV lineup up 23.5 percent
- Toyota Division number one retail brand
“Light truck sales have carried the auto industry to its best start in 15 years,” said Bill Fay, Toyota division group vice president and general manager. “The demand for crossover SUVs is off the charts and both the RAV4 and Highlander set April records.”
Full press release to follow by 8:30AM PST.