The all-new Toyota Tundra has been completely revamped with the needs of today’s truck owners in mind. Mike Sweers, the executive chief engineer of trucks for Toyota Motor North America (TMNA), takes drivers through the top 10 things they need to know about the automaker’s newest pickup to hit the road.
1. Global F-Platform: The Tundra now shares the same Toyota New Global Architecture platform as the Land Cruiser, Lexus LX and Toyota compact vehicles.
2. Towing Capability: A premium towing machine is about more than capacity. Drivers behind the wheel of the new Tundra will feel unparalleled confidence in their tow.
3. Extensive Testing: The new Tundra was tested in a variety of extreme conditions: low altitude, high altitude, heavy snow and more.
4. Incredible Power Train: Toyota went above and beyond to deliver the most power and performance possible —like adding a drivetrain 140% the size of competitors’ trucks.
5. More Power + More Torque = More MPG: By supercharging the new Tundra with best-ever torque output, Toyota delivers maximum fuel economy along with the muscle drivers crave.
6. Exterior Styling: Embracing the spirit of previous Tundra models, designers took the bits of Toyota DNA truck owners love and dialed them up to 11.
7. Luxury Inspired: By benchmarking against premium luxury vehicles, Toyota embodies the same high level of quality in every new Tundra model.
8. Innovative Aerodynamics: With the truck having an active air dam that tucks in and out as needed, drivers reap the benefits of better aerodynamics when they need them and elevated off-road capability when they don’t.
9. Military-Grade Protection: With the skid plate made from ballistic nylon, it can’t be ripped off the truck or dented into the oil pan even if Tundra owners wanted to.
10. Composite Deck: No denting, no rusting and easy to repair when damaged, the new composite deck makes for a smarter choice than the old steel bed.
By listening to customer feedback, the 2022 Tundra was redesigned with drivers in mind — giving Toyota the confidence they have the best truck on the market today.
For more, please see the full video above.
Originally published January 5, 2022