- The new office in Jacksonville will focus its research on heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and vehicle drivability.
- The Houston office, which opened last week, will research trucks, and chassis components.
- Initially opened in 2009 as part of a pilot program, the New York office researches cold weather vehicle performance with special attention on corrosion due to high road salt usage in the region.
- With a high concentration of hybrid vehicles in the California area, the San Francisco office studies hybrid and alternative fuel vehicle systems.
- The Denver office will look at SUVs and high altitude vehicle performance.
Toyota Vehicle Safety and Quality Communications
Brian R. Lyons (310) 468-2552
John Hanson (310) 468-4718