- TMS, Toyota Division and Lexus post record September light truck sales
- Toyota No. 1 selling retail brand in September
- Lexus posts record September sales
TORRANCE, Calif. (October 3, 2016) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported September 2016 sales of 197,260 units, an increase of 1.5 percent from September 2015 on a volume basis. With the same amount of selling days in September 2016 compared to September 2015, sales were up 1.5 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota Division posted September sales of 171,459 units, up 1.4 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“Industry sales in 2016 remain in line with last year’s record levels,” said Bill Fay, group vice president and general manager of the Toyota division. “Toyota outpaced the industry to be the no.1 retail brand in September, led by Camry, RAV4, and Corolla, and the fourth quarter outlook is strong thanks to our best light truck supply of the year.”
Lexus posted September sales of 25,801 units, up 2 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“Lexus continued to see its best-ever year-to-date sales performance from our LUV line up, with the NX up almost 52 percent and the LX more than doubling its volume, all which helped the brand to a best-ever September LUV month,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus division group vice president and general manager. “Lexus is traditionally strong in the fourth quarter, and thanks to improved availability, we expect this record pace to continue through the final quarter.”
September 2016 Highlights
- Corolla up 17 percent
- Camry posts September sales of 30,707 units
- Toyota Division light trucks up 11.5 percent; posts September and year-to-date sales record
- RAV4 sales rose 8.6 percent; posts year-to-date sales record
- Highlander up 21.3 percent; posts best-ever September and year-to-date sales record
- 4Runner up almost 21 percent
- Land Cruiser up almost 171 percent in August
- Toyota division pickups up 28.4 percent
- Tacoma up 35.4 percent; posts sales of 15,723 units
- Tundra up 18.2 percent
- TCUV posts best-ever sales for the month
- Lexus LUVs up more than 24 percent; posts best September, year-to-date and third quarter sales
- NX up almost 52 percent in September; posts best-ever September, year-to-date and third quarter sales
- GX up 23 percent for the month
- LX up more than 124 percent in September
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume
Toyota (NYSE:TM), the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius and the Mirai fuel cell vehicle, is committed to advancing mobility through our Toyota and Lexus brands. Over the past 50 years, we’ve produced more than 30 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 44,000 people (more than 34,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.8 million cars and trucks (nearly 2.5 million in the U.S.) in 2015 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today.
Toyota partners with community, civic, academic, and governmental organizations to address our society’s most pressing mobility challenges. We share company resources and extensive know-how to support non-profits to help expand their ability to assist more people move more places. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com.
|Media Web sites:||http://www.toyotanewsroom.com
Toyota Business Communications
Lexus Public Relations