- Toyota Motor Sales Receives Seven Segment Awards
- Lexus Takes Four Segment Awards
- Camry and Sienna Take Home Segment Awards
TORRANCE, Calif., Feb. 12, 2014 – Lexus scored a hat trick by ranking highest in vehicle dependability among all nameplates for a third consecutive year in the 2014 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS). Toyota Motor Sales totaled seven vehicle segment awards. The study tracks the number and type of problems owners have with their three-year-old vehicles.
The Lexus ES, Lexus GS and Lexus LS topped their individual segments, demonstrating their long-term durability after each received a J.D. Power Initial Quality Study (IQS) award when they were new in 2011. Camry, the industry’s best-selling passenger car for 13 consecutive years, topped the mid-size car segment. The popular Sienna took the award in the minivan segment.
Toyota Motor Sales received seven segment awards. Lexus has six out of the top 10 vehicles in the survey, and as a brand far outdistanced its closest competition.
|Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle||1||Scion xB|
|Compact Premium Car||1||Lexus ES|
|Midsize Car||1||Toyota Camry|
|Midsize Premium Car||1||Lexus GS|
|Midsize Premium CUV||1||Lexus RX|
|Large Premium Car||1 (tie)||Lexus LS|
J.D. Power and Associates’ VDS finds long-term durability continues to be an important consumer purchase consideration. The number of problems an owner experiences affects their repurchase intent and their vehicle’s retained value.
The VDS results are just the latest in a series of recent industry honors taken home by Toyota Motor Sales.
- Kelley Blue Book recognizes 19 Toyota, Scion and Lexus vehicles with “Best Resale Value Awards” for 2014. For the third year in a row, Lexus and Toyota take top honors for the luxury and non-luxury brands respectively.
- Toyota Corolla, Prius c, and Tacoma pickup each won Kelley Blue Book’s 5-year “Cost to Own” awards in their segments for new cars in their initial five-year ownership period.
- 14 Toyota, Scion and Lexus models earned top 5-Star ratings for overall safety by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Note to Editors: Press releases, specifications, and high-resolution images of the Toyota, Scion, Lexus line-up are available at www.ToyotaNewsroom.com, www.ScionNewsroom.com, and www.LexusNewsroom.com.