•TMNA posts best-ever light truck sales for February
•Toyota RAV4 posts best-ever February
•Lexus luxury utility vehicles (LUVS) mark best-ever February
PLANO, Texas (March 1, 2018) – Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) today reported February 2018 sales of 182,195 vehicles, an increase of 4.5 percent from February 2017 on a volume basis. With the same amount of selling days in February 2018 compared to February 2017, sales were up 4.5 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota division posted February sales of 162,930 units, up 4.4 percent on a volume and DSR basis.
“We’re off to an outstanding start to the year,” said Jack Hollis, group vice president and general manager, Toyota division. “Best-ever February light truck results, combined with continued strong sales of the all-new 2018 Camry, give us great momentum as we kick off our spring Ready, Set, Go! sales event.”
Lexus posted February sales of 19,265 vehicles, up 5.1 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“Lexus kept its momentum going with another strong month in February,” said Jeff Bracken, group vice president and general manager, Lexus division. “NX, both gas and hybrid, had its best-ever February while our LUVs also delivered another record month. We’ve now launched our all-new 5th-generation LS and LS hybrid sedans, so we expect a very strong first quarter. These new models will be followed by 10 additional new or updated models, so we’re very optimistic about the year ahead.”
February 2018 Highlights
- TMNA, Toyota and Lexus divisions posted best-ever February light truck sales
- Toyota division SUVs up 12.6 percent with 61,521 units sold
- RAV4 posted best-ever month with sales of 29,867 units
- Camry sales of 30,865, posted double-digit growth year over year
- Highlander posted sales of 15,960 units
- Toyota division pickups increased 15.4 percent
- Tacoma sales up 18.0 percent with 16,817 units
- Tundra posted sales of 7,977 units, up 10.3 percent
- Lexus division LUVs up 12.3 percent, a best-ever February
- NX up 21.3 percent in February, a best-ever February
- RX posted monthly sales of 7,238 units, up 8.4 percent
- GX sales up 16.1 percent
- Lexus LS sales were up 86.4 percent
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume.
Toyota (NYSE:TM) has been a part of the cultural fabric in the U.S. and North America for 60 years, and is committed to advancing sustainable, next-generation mobility through our Toyota and Lexus brands. During that time, Toyota has created a tremendous value chain as our teams have contributed to world-class design, engineering, and assembly of more than 36 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 47,000 people (more than 37,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (nearly 1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.7 million cars and trucks (2.4 million in the U.S.) in 2017 – and about 87 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 15 years are still on the road today.
Toyota Business Communications
Lexus Public Relations