Scion was established in 2003 as a test laboratory division for Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. It was designed to offer products and processes that stood apart from the crowd. Scion offered distinctive vehicles that reflected owners’ passions. Scion also appealed to a younger audience by offering a simple, no-haggle buying experience and by engaging with potential customers in meaningful and creative ways.
Model Line-Up: From the start, Scion sought to develop stylish and youthful vehicles that didn’t sacrifice on fun or safety. With an unparalleled combination of low pricing and driving dynamics, these models capture the “spirit of Scion.”
- iM* five-door hatchback: Launched in September 2015, the all-new iM incorporates form and function in a compact hatchback.
- iA* sports sedan: Introduced in 2015, the all-new iA is Scion’s first sedan and combines sporty handling with four doors, a trunk and an affordable price tag.
- FR-S* rear-wheel drive sports car: The FR-S stole the show when it was launched in 2013 and continues to be a popular choice for a true sports car at a competitive price.
- tC sports coupe: Since its debut in 2004, the tC has become Scion’s biggest seller to young customers. The tC sports coupe will have a final release series edition and end production in August 2016
- C-HR Concept: Debuted at the L.A. Auto Show in November 2015. When the production model arrives, it will be part of the Toyota line-up.
- xA subcompact: The first of Scion’s entries into the small-car market was available from 2003 – 2008.
- xB: The iconic “box” put Scion on the map in 2003. A second-generation xB was introduced in 2008. The xB ended production in December 2015.
- xD urban subcompact hatch: Replaced the xA in August 2008 and was discontinued in 2014.
- iQ premium micro-subcompact: Scion’s smallest car came to market in October 2011 and exited the line-up in 2015.
*Beginning in August 2016, MY 2017 vehicles will be badged as Toyotas
Scion Dealers: 1004
Scion Team Members: 22
Total Scion Vehicles Sold: More than 1 million units from 2003-2015
2003 – Sales: 10,898
2004 – Sales: 99,259
2005 – Sales: 156,485
2006 – Sales: 173,034
2007 – Sales: 130,181
2008 – Sales: 113,904
2009 – Sales: 57,961
2010 – Sales: 45,678
2011 – Sales: 49,271
October – 2012 Scion iQ premium micro sub-compact car goes on sale
2012 – Sales: 73,507
April – 2013 FR-S sports car speeds into the Scion line-up
September — Scion launches “What Moves You” ad campaign
2013 – Sales: 68,321
2014 – Sales: 58,009
November – iM Concept car debuts at L.A. Auto Show
2015 – Sales: 56,167
|Scion Sales History
2003 – 2015