Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia, Inc. (TMMWV) is Toyota’s only combined engine and transmission plant in North America. Additionally, TMMWV is the only manufacturing plant in North America to produce hybrid transaxles.
The $1.8 billion facility employs approximately 2,400 team members under a nearly two million square foot facility. The plant has invested more than $10 million dollars in various local philanthropic and educational initiatives over the past two decades. TMMWV celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2021.
Facts and Figures
Engine & Transmission
Units Assembled in 2022
- Location: Buffalo, WV
- Site : 267 acres
- Facility: 2 million sq. ft
- Products: 4-cylinder, 2.4 Turbo and TNGA 2.5 L engines, transmissions and hybrid transaxles.
- Operations: Machining & Assembly
Recent Project Investments:
- Announced $210 million in February 2021 to upgrade engine production and add 100 new jobs.
- Announced $115.3 million expansion in 2017 to begin production of hybrid transaxles in Became the first plant in North America to produce hybrid transaxles.
- Announced in 2019 an additional $111 million investment to double the line capacity to 240,000 transaxles per year. Cap up is targeted to start September.
- Invested $400 million in TMMWV in late 2016 with four new projects over the following four years. All four new products launched by 2018, with preparation including more 8,300 hours of team member training.
- These continued investments help bring in next generation technologies in our existing production lines that set us up for conducting and expanding business for years to come.
- Total Investment : $1.8 billion