TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 29, 2012 – As the U.S. auto industry heads into a new year, Toyota looks back at a tremendous year of growth and accomplishments in 2012. Here are some of the highlights:
- Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A. launched the all-new Avalon, Prius c hybrid, RAV4 EV all-electric SUV and the 2013 RAV4.
- The Toyota Tundra built in San Antonio, Texas, successfully towed the Space Shuttle Endeavour over the 405 freeway in Los Angeles.
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America produced its 25millionth North American-built vehicle.
- Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good program awarded 100 new vehicles to 100 deserving non-profits across the country and $400,000 in grants to 500 non-profits.
- Toyota Financial Services celebrated 30 years of providing retail and wholesale financing, retail leasing, vehicle protection plans and certain other financial services in America.
- Toyota brand unveiled a new tagline “Let’s Go Places” that conveys a dual meaning of physically going places and taking off on an adventure, while also expressing optimism and the promise of exciting innovation that enriches people's lives.
# # #
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. Media Line (310) 468-5297