Custom Builder Britt Myers and Fellow Anglers Dream Up a Specialized Toyota Fishing Rig
TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 25, 2012 — Bassmaster Elite Series pro angler Britt Myers knows a thing or two about bass fishing. And as a well-known builder of custom Toyota Tundras for his fellow anglers, he had an idea or two for a singular Tundra equipped with everything an Elite Series pro could imagine—and then some. The result is the "Ultimate Fishing Tundra," scheduled to debut in Las Vegas on Oct. 30 at Toyota’s SEMA Show display booth.
Knowing that two heads, or in this case, five, are usually better than one, Myers also solicited ideas from the Toyota Tundra Pro Angler team of Kevin VanDam, Terry "Big Show" Scroggins, Mike Iaconelli and Gerald "G-Man" Swindle, an accomplished group of anglers who also know a thing or two about fishing rigs.
Myers, who owns North Carolina-based CS Motorsports, then turned his team loose on a 2012 Tundra CrewMax. Toyota’s brawniest full-size pickup has towing and payload capacities that make short work of hauling a pro bass fishing boat and gear, so Myers turned the lion’s share of his attention on enhancing the bass fisherman’s life.
Says Myers, "it [has] a bed-area tackle storage system that looks like a Bass Pro Shop aisle… [with] tackle, reels, rods and even a refrigerator."
For an extra-handy touch, Myers and his team have made all of that gear easily accessible by utilizing an automatic, motorized delivery system.
To enhance comfort and entertainment, the CS Motorsports crew replaced the rear bench with bucket seats and custom built a fiberglass console that stretches from the dash to the rear cab wall with built-in video monitors and subwoofers. Both front doors receive custom panels that will house extra speakers and video monitors to play fishing videos and display Navionics lake-mapping options.
Outside, the beefy Tundra gets a TRD Big Brake Kit and a 12-inch suspension lift—a little extra insurance against muddy bogs and steep lakeshore boat launches. A custom roof rack with special LED lighting and fishing rod storage will also be installed, along with a specially designed grille to set off the styling of this unique rig.
Leaving no lake un-fished, Myers’ team couldn’t resist adding a TRD supercharger and exhaust system. The added power and torque will help them haul out the extra load after a successful day of fishing.
The Ultimate Fishing Tundra can be seen along with eight other new and unique custom-built Toyota vehicles in the Toyota display booth #24801 in Central Hall at the 2012 SEMA Show starting on Oct. 30.
- 5.7-liter i-FORCE DOHC V8
- TRD supercharger
- TRD exhaust system
- Six-speed automatic transmission
Suspension and Brakes
- Bulletproof 12-inch suspension lift kit
- Fox shocks and coil-over system
- TRD Big Brake kit
- Nitto 38" x 15.50" x 20" Mud Grappler tires
- ATX 20" x 11" wheels
- A custom Fab Four pre-runner style front bumper
- Warn 16k winch system
- Custom fabricated roof rack
- Rigid Industries LED lighting
- Custom-built fishing rod tubes
- Custom LED grille from Rigid industries
- 3M matte gray wrap; bumpers and fender flares painted to match
- Bushwacker fender flares
- Smoked exterior lighting
- Amp Research power side steps, bed steps and bumper step
- Berkley bait and tools
- Quantum rods and reels
- Custom-fabricated console, from dash to rear cab wall
- Three 8" Kicker subwoofers and a TV monitor mounted in the console
- Door panels modified to accept Kicker speakers and video monitors
- Interior color change from gray to black
- Black and yellow custom leather seat upholstery with "Toyota Fishing Team" embroidery
- Custom light switch panel in center console
- Motorized tackle storage drawer in bed area
Toyota Division Communications
Greg Thome(310) 468-3279 or [email protected]
Sam Butto(310) 468-7728 or [email protected]
Gardner Automotive Communications
Dan Gardner(310) 933-5505 or [email protected]
Media Web site: www.toyotanewsroom.com
Public Web site: www.toyota.com