Toyota’s global net income jumped 19.2 percent during the 2015 fiscal year that ended March 31, 2015.
Global Financial Highlights:
- Global sales decreased by 144,169 vehicles to 8.97 million, with strong sales in North America and gains in Europe, offsetting decreases in Japan and other regions.
- Consolidated net revenues rose to 27.23 trillion yen (*$248.0 billion), up 6.0 percent
- Operating income increased to 2.7505 trillion yen ($25.1 billion), up 20.0 percent
- and net income jumped to 2.1733 trillion yen ($19.8 billion), a 19.2 percent increase
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 109.8-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
North America Financial Highlights:
- Sales increased 185,775 vehicles to 2.72 million
- Operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) increased to 537.9 billion yen (*$4.9 billion).
(*currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 109.8-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
Fiscal Year Global Forecast (April 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016):
- Global consolidated vehicle sales is 8.9 million
- Consolidated net revenue is 27.5 trillion yen (*$239.1 billion)
- Operating income is 2.8 trillion yen ($ 24.3billion)
- and net income is 2.25 trillion yen ($19.6 billion)
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on a projected 115-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
For more information on the fiscal year results, go to: