Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Customer Order Request Portal Goes Live
Torrance, Calif. (July 20, 2015) – Three, two, one…..liftoff! The Toyota Mirai customer order request portal is live and California customers should beam themselves to www.toyota.com/mirai to seek to claim their place in automotive history.
The Mirai hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle combines hydrogen and oxygen to make electricity onboard, while emitting nothing but water vapor. It has the highest EPA estimated driving range rating of any zero emission electric vehicle on the market, at 312 miles, and offers an EPA estimated 67 mpge city/highway/combined.
California customers can request a Mirai by visiting www.toyota.com/mirai. Production of the Mirai is limited and vehicles will be placed with select, eligible customers. After placing a request, potential Mirai drivers will be contacted directly by a Toyota representative to discuss ownership and next steps.
When Mirai begins arriving in October 2015, customers will take delivery from one of the eight authorized California dealers of their choosing. In Southern California, Longo Toyota, Toyota of Orange, Toyota of Santa Monica or Tustin Toyota will take care of Mirai trailblazers. Customers in Northern California will visit Roseville Toyota, San Francisco Toyota, Stevens Creek Toyota or Toyota Sunnyvale. MSRP will be $57,500 plus an $835 destination fee.
In order to recognize our trailblazing customers who are participating in automotive history, a select group of qualified customers will be eligible for a Mirai Trailblazer support program. This program is designed to enhance the purchase and ownership experience by providing the following choices:
- Trailblazer APR Support: 0% for 60 months + $7,500 or
- Trailblazer Purchase Support of $7,500 , or
- Trailblazer Lease: $499 per month for 36 months, $3,649 due at signing
The Program will be available to all qualified 2016MY Mirai customers. See your local participating Authorized Mirai Toyota Dealer for details.
In addition to distinctive style, performance and zero emissions, MY16 Mirai drivers will enjoy a comprehensive, ownership experience offering a range of world-class services, including:
- Three years’ worth of complimentary fuel 
- Three years complimentary Safety Connect and Entune, including hydrogen station finder app.
- Three years of 24/7 customer call support.
- Mirai Complimentary Rental Experience for seven days per year for three years.
- ToyotaCare, our standard no cost service plan and roadside assistance, is enhanced for Mirai and offers:
- No cost scheduled maintenance for three years, or 35,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- No cost enhanced roadside assistance for three years, regardless of mileage, including expedited towing service and trip interruption reimbursement at a maximum of $500 per day for up to 5 days per incident.
- 8-year/100,000-mile warranty on key fuel cell vehicle components including the FC stack and power control unit; FC hydrogen tanks; hybrid battery pack and ECU; FC air compressor, boost converter and ECU; hybrid control module (power management control module); and hydrogen fueling ECU.
 Complimentary fuel for 3 years or $15,000 maximum, whichever comes first. Fuel program starts after receipt and activation of fuel card; fuel card is nontransferable. Fueling must be done at approved stations that meet SAE fueling interface protocols.
 The seven complimentary days per year will expire after each year and any unused days will not carry over.
 ToyotaCare covers normal factory scheduled maintenance for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. 24-hour roadside assistance is also included for two years, regardless of mileage. Valid only at authorized Mirai Fuel Cell dealers in the continental United States. See dealer for details and exclusions.
 Covers normal factory scheduled maintenance and is valid only at authorized Mirai Fuel Cell dealers in the continental United States. See dealer for details and exclusions.
 Does not include parts and fluids.
 Trip reimbursement covers interruptions that require the Toyota dealership to keep such vehicle overnight and such Covered Vehicle is at the time of such disablement more than fifty (50) miles from the residence of the owner of the Covered Vehicle. See an Authorized Mirai Fuel Cell dealer for details and exclusions.
Toyota (NYSE:TM), the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius and the Mirai fuel cell vehicle, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we’ve built more than 25 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 42,000 people (more than 33,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.67 million cars and trucks (more than 2.35 million in the U.S.) in 2014 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today.
Toyota partners with philanthropic organizations across the country, with a focus on education, safety and the environment. As part of this commitment, we share the company’s extensive know-how garnered from building great cars and trucks to help community organizations and other nonprofits expand their ability to do good. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com.
Media Web site: http://www.toyotanewsroom.com
Public Web site: http://www.toyota.com