Fundraising – More than $5 Million So Far
- Toyota-Dedicated Red Cross Fundraising Websites Have Raised Nearly $1.5 Million in North America – As of March 25th, special fundraising websites set up with the Red Cross have raised nearly $1.5 million from Toyota’s employees, dealers, suppliers, business partners and friends across North America.
- Dollar-for-Dollar Match – Toyota’s North American affiliates are matching donations made by Toyota employees to the American Red Cross and Canadian Red Cross, dollar-for-dollar. (The employee match is not included in the figure above.)
- Donation in Japan – In addition, Toyota in Japan has donated 300 million yen (about $3.75 million) to support the relief efforts.
- Other Major Fundraising – Walk-a-thons last weekend in San Antonio, TX and Lexington, KY brought out hundreds of Toyota team members and other local citizens, raising nearly $60,000 for the relief efforts in Japan.
- Relief Convoys in Japan Continue – Toyota companies in Japan began sending truckloads of medical and emergency supplies – including food, drinking water, blankets, portable toilets and disposable diapers – to victims in affected regions on March 12, the day after the earthquake and tsunami. As of March 30th, more than 60 trucks have made deliveries and six tankers have been sent to provide water.
- Emergency Housing – Toyota is moving to provide nearly 500 apartments in Aichi Prefecture for people evacuated from affected areas.
- Vehicles for Relief Efforts – Toyota is providing about 100 cars for local government authorities to use in four of the areas hardest hit by the disaster.
- Distribution of Emergency Supplies – Toyota dealerships in affected areas of Japan are using their sites as temporary distribution centers for drinking water, food, cold-weather gear and towels to victims of the disaster.