- TMS posts best-ever light truck sales for the month
- Highlander records all-time best-ever sales up almost 67 percent
- TCUV and L/Certified by Lexus achieve best-ever annual sales record after only 11 months
TORRANCE, Calif. (December 1, 2016) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported November 2016 sales of 197,645 units, an increase of 4.3 percent from November 2015 on a volume basis. With two more selling days in November 2016 compared than November 2015, sales were down 4.1 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota Division posted November sales of 168,595 units, up 5.3 percent on a volume basis and down 3.2 on a DSR basis.
“We expect to see the industry set a new sales record for November,” said Bill Fay, group vice president and general manager of the Toyota Division. “All-time best-ever Highlander sales combined with November best-ever RAV4 volume extends the Toyota Division’s 2016 streak of consecutive light truck sales records to 11 months.”
Lexus posted November sales of 29,050 units, down 1 percent on a volume basis and 8.9 percent on a DSR basis.
“Our luxury utility vehicles continues to lead the way, with best-ever November sales for NX and best-ever November sales for the full LUV line up,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus division group vice president and general manager. “December is always one of our strongest months of the year, and we are poised for a December to Remember as we enter the month with the best light truck availability of the whole year.”
November 2016 Highlights
- Corolla up almost 12 percent, posts sales of 28,262 units; records best-ever November
- Camry posts November sales of 28,189 units
- TMS light trucks up 14 percent; a best-ever month
- Toyota Division SUV up nearly 20 percent
- Highlander up almost 67 percent; posts all-time best-ever month
- RAV4 posts sales of 28,116 units, up 2.7 percent; posts best-ever November
- 4Runner sales were up almost 14 percent
- Toyota Division pickups up almost 14 percent
- Tacoma up 15.3 percent
- Tundra sales were up 11.5 percent
- TCUV had a best-ever month and achieved its best-ever annual sales record after only 11 months
- L/Certified by Lexus posts best-ever November sales; achieved its best-ever annual sales record after only 11 months
- Lexus LUVs up 10.4 percent; posts best-ever November sales
- NX up almost 56 percent; posts best-ever November
- LX up almost 20 percent in November
- IS up 16.6 percent
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume
Toyota (NYSE:TM), the world’s top automaker and creator of the Prius and the Mirai fuel cell vehicle, is committed to advancing mobility through our Toyota and Lexus brands. Over the past 50 years, we’ve produced more than 30 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 44,000 people (more than 34,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.8 million cars and trucks (nearly 2.5 million in the U.S.) in 2015 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today.
Toyota partners with community, civic, academic, and governmental organizations to address our society’s most pressing mobility challenges. We share company resources and extensive know-how to support non-profits to help expand their ability to assist more people move more places. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com.
Toyota Business Communications
Amanda Roark (310) 291-5002
Aaron Fowles (469) 292-1097
Lexus Public Relations
Media Web sites: