Scion to Show Evolution of Youth-Oriented Brand in Display at 2015 New York Auto Show
New iM and iA Models Start New Wave of Momentum
NEW YORK (March 27, 2015) – Bright lights, big city, tremendous new products. At this year’s New York International Auto Show, visitors will see the evolution of Scion through two new models on display for the first time – iM and iA. Revealed to the world in New York, these two vehicles appeal to a savvy generation of young, urban drivers who have unique perspectives and needs.
The Scion iM is a 5-door hatchback that combines maximum versatility with a sporty design and a fun-to-drive experience. The Scion iA sedan is designed to appeal to young people who need a little more practicality, but still want engaging styling and outstanding driving dynamics. Both vehicles represent the evolution of Scion and mark powerful momentum for the brand.
Scion will feature its full lineup of exciting youth-oriented vehicles in its exhibit, including Release Series vehicles: FR-S 1.0, and tC 9.0. The FR-S Release Series 1.0 comes equipped with enhanced features from the experts at Toyota Racing Development (TRD), including TRD Quad Tip Exhaust System and TRD lowering springs. The Scion tC Release Series 9.0 arrived in dealerships earlier this year as a limited edition two-tone version of the popular sports coupe that was designed in conjunction with Jeremy Lookofsky of Cartel Customs. It features:
- a unique black and magma exterior
- an aero kit designed by Cartel Customs
- a center exhaust
- a Smart Key with Push Button Start featuring the “Cartel Logo”
- orange front seat belts
Other eye-catchers at this year’s Scion exhibit include two models that competed in the 2014 Scion Tuner Challenge at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas last November:
- Scion x Slayer Mobile Amp tC – Built by Mike Vu of MV DESIGNZ, the x Slayer Mobile Amp tC is an innovative concept design that made its debut last The tC sports coupe is inspired by metal-rock band Slayer and features a custom paint job with airbrushed logos and skulls. It also has suicide doors and Billet Slayer sword blade wheels with spike-style center caps. The interior turns up the volume even higher with a custom Pioneer audio system with towers of speakers, a custom mixer and a 32-inch monitor for media playback.
- Super Street FR-S – Super Street, a magazine dedicated to covering high-performance customized cars and lifestyle, reimagined an FR-S using its past Rocket Bunny build into a wider version with more power.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to interact with the Scion Swag Machine, the world’s first Instagram-powered vending machine. The machine uses social media and near field communication (NFC) technology to dispense Scion swag at the exhibit. In addition, the battery-weary can charge up devices at the Scion exhibit using Scion’s Power Player, which also boosts moods through a dynamic, large-format media-surround experience.
For those who can’t attend the show, Scion will be using Meerkat to showcase its activities at the NY Auto Show with live Twitter video to its followers. Scion will also be serving vignettes featuring cars, culture and more.
Scion continues to be the test laboratory division for Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. From its start in 2003, Scion’s goal was to offer products and processes that stand apart from the crowd. Scion offers distinctive vehicles that reflect owners’ passions with a model line-up that includes the iconic xB urban utility vehicle, the tC sports coupe, the FR-S rear-wheel drive sports car, and the premium micro-subcompact iQ. The all-new Scion iM 5-door hatchback and the all-new iA sedan will arrive this fall. Scion also appeals to a youthful audience by offering a simple, no-haggle buying experience and by engaging with potential customers in meaningful and creative ways. For more information, visit www.scion.com.
Midwest Corporate Communications
Tel: (313) 259-1125