Hometown: Green Cove Springs, Florida
Currently Resides: Gainesville, Florida
Birthdate: August 16, 1996
Social Media: Twitter: @caelebdressel; Instagram: @caelebdressel
Toyota Vehicle: Toyota GR Supra
Olympic History: 2016
- 2019 World Championships, gold (50m fly, 100m fly, 50m free, 100m free, 4x100m mixed free relay, 4x100m free relay), silver (4x100m mixed medley relay, 4x100m medley relay)
- 2018 Short Course World Championships, gold (100m free, 4x100m free relay, 4x100m medley relay, 4x50m free relay, 4x50m mixed free relay, 4x50m mixed medley relay), silver (50m free, 100m fly, 4x50m medley relay)
- 2018 Pan Pacific Championships, gold (100m fly, 4x100m medley relay), silver (50m free, 100m free), bronze (4x100m mixed medley relay)
- 2017 World Championships, gold (50m free, 100m free, 100m fly, 4x100m free relay, 4x100m mixed free relay, 4x100m medley relay, 4x100m mixed medley relay)
- Olympic Games Rio 2016, gold (4x100m frees, 4x100m medley)
- American record holder for the 50m free, 100m free, and 50m fly
- World record holder for the 100m fly, 4x100m mixed free relay, and 4x100m free relay
About Caeleb Dressel
Caeleb Dressel is the son of Michael and Christina Dressel and has three siblings, Tyler, Kaitlyn and Sherridon. Swimming runs in the family with not only Dressel swimming, but also his father and two sisters.
Dressel graduated from the University of Florida where he won nine NCAA championships races. In 2016, he was named NCAA Co-Swimmer of the Year and later won the 2017 FINA Male Swimmer of the Year and USA Swimming Athlete of the Year.
Not only is Dressel considered to have the best start “off the block” in history, but he also became the first swimmer to win eight medals at a single World Championships in 2019. Dressel led the Cali Condors to an International Swimming League championship in 2020 and will join for season 3 as the Condors attempt to become the first club in ISL history to repeat as champions.
Dressel carries a blue and black bandana for good luck to the blocks for every competition. The bandana was worn by a former teacher, Claire McCool, who passed away from cancer and who Dressel considered his life coach. In addition to the bandana, Dressel is recognized for his tattoos, including an American flag to represent his love for the United States of America.
When he’s not in the pool, Dressel enjoys boating, wake boarding and being outdoors. He also loves animals and has a black lab named Jane. Dressel married his longtime sweetheart, Meghan, in their home state of Florida in February 2021.
Email Sign Up
Enter your email address below to sign up for email alerts.
All materials on this site are for editorial use only. The use of these materials for advertising, marketing or any other commercial purpose is prohibited. They may be cropped but not otherwise modified. To download these materials, you must agree to abide by these terms.I agree to the terms