Start of Production: 2005
Investment: $365 million
Plant Sites: 200 acres
Plant Sizes: 450,000 sq. ft.
President: Wes Woods
Products: engine blocks and automatic transmission cases and housings
2020 Production: 1.6 million engine blocks, 778K transmission cases and housings
Aluminum: 115.5 million pounds of recycled aluminum used in 2020
Operations: high pressure casting, die making
- 2020: The plant’s name changed from Bodine Aluminum to Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Tennessee.
- 2019: Toyota announced a $50M investment and plant expansion in Tennessee.
- 2018: Toyota celebrated its 15th anniversary in Tennessee.
- Over $400,000 in philanthropy given back to the plant community in 2020.
- More than $1.7 million given in Tennessee since 2003.
Impact on Tennessee:
The Center for Automotive Research (CAR) conducted a study based on 2015 data and found:
- Direct employees (manufacturing-related and new vehicle jobs) earned $517 million in payroll.
- When direct employees are combined with jobs at companies that supply Toyota, as well as spinoff jobs, the company is estimated to support 13,000 jobs in Tennessee.
Helpful websites: www.toyotagrants.com/tmmtn; www.pressroom.toyota.com; www.tourtoyta.com