Start of Production: 1993
Investment: $455 million
Plant Sites: 80 acres
Plant Sizes: 550,000 sq. ft.
President: Wes Woods
Products: Cylinder heads
2020 Production: 2.3 million cylinder heads
Aluminum: 74.8 million pounds of recycled aluminum used in 2020
Operations: low pressure casting, core making, die making
- 2020: $1.7 million solar panel array announced at Toyota Missouri. The panels will cut carbon emissions at the plant by 750 metric tons annually.
- 2020: The plant’s name changed from Bodine Aluminum to Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Missouri.
- 2019: Toyota announced a $62 million investment in Missouri.
- 2017: Toyota announced a $17 million investment announced for Toyota’s New Global Architecture (TNGA).
- 2015: Bodine Aluminum celebrated 25th year with Toyota.
- Over $530,000 in philanthropy given back to the plant community in 2020.
- More than $3.2 million given in Missouri since 1991.
Impact on Missouri:
The Center for Automotive Research (CAR) conducted a study based on 2015 data and found:
- Direct employees (manufacturing-related and new vehicle jobs) earned $476 million in payroll.
- When direct employees are combined with jobs at companies that supply TMMMO as well as spinoff jobs, Toyota is estimated to support 10,000 jobs in Missouri.
Helpful websites: www.toyotagrants.com/tmmmo; www.pressroom.toyota.com; www.tourtoyta.com