June 2015 Sales Char
June 2015 Sales Conference Call (audio clip)
TORRANCE, Calif. (July 1, 2015)
– Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported June 2015 sales of 209,912 units, an increase of 4.1 percent from June 2014 on a volume basis. With one more selling day in June 2015 than in June 2014, sales were down 0.1 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota division posted June 2015 sales of 183,791 units, up 3.1 percent on a volume basis and down 1 percent on a DSR basis.
For the first half of the year, TMS reported sales of 1,231,440 units, up 5.6 percent versus the same period in 2014 on a DSR basis. With the same amount of selling days in the first half of 2015 compared to 2014, sales were up 5.6 percent on an unadjusted raw-volume basis.
"Light trucks have boosted the industry to its best first half since 2005,” said Bill Fay, Toyota Division group vice president and general manager. "Toyota Division was the number one retail brand in June, led by strong Tacoma, RAV4 and Highlander sales.”
Lexus reported June sales of 26,121 units, up 11.1 percent from June 2014 on a volume basis and 6.6 percent on a DSR basis.
“The demand for luxury utility vehicles continues to grow and has helped put Lexus and its dealers on a record sales pace for the year,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “The new NX compact crossover continues to be one of the hottest new models on the market.”
June 2015 Highlights:
- Camry posted sales of 37,408 units
- Corolla posted sales of 30,645 units
- Total Toyota light trucks up 16.5 percent, a June record
- Highlander up almost 20 percent
- RAV4 sales rose 15.1 percent to 24,843 units
- Combined Tacoma and Tundra pickup sales up 22.4 percent
- Lexus luxury utility vehicles up 24.6 percent
- All-new NX posted sales of 3,503 units
- GX up 17.3 percent with sales of 2,079 units
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume