May 2013 Sales Chart
TORRANCE, Calif. (June 3, 2013) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported May 2013 sales results of 207,952 units, an increase of 2.5 percent over May 2012 on both a volume and daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota Division posted May 2013 sales of 185,723 units, up 2.3 percent year-over-year on both a volume and DSR basis.
"New vehicle sales are heating up along with the weather, and solid May results coupled with an excellent Memorial Day weekend provide great momentum as we move into the summer selling season," said Bill Fay, Toyota Division group vice president and general manager. "The five-year high in consumer confidence translated into especially strong retail sales and as the industry leader last month, we're well-positioned to provide the vehicles customers want."
Lexus reported May 2013 sales of 22,229 units, up 3.6 percent on both a volume and DSR basis compared to the same period last year.
“Luxury vehicle sales are benefitting from the rise in consumer confidence,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “The ES and LS are two of the hottest models in the luxury industry with sales doubling in May, and we expect this momentum to carry through the summer months.” Other Highlights:
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume
- TMS retail sales up 7.5 percent
- TMS hybrids increased 16.7 percent
- Toyota Division No. 1 retail brand for third consecutive month
- Camry is best-selling car in America, with sales of 39,216 units
- Prius family records best month in a year, increasing nearly 10 percent
- All-new Avalon increased more than 260 percent, with sales of 7,099 units
- All-new RAV4 posted best-ever May sales of 20,780 units, up 8 percent
- Tacoma continued to lead segment with sales of 14,727 units, up 20 percent
- Tundra recorded sales of 9,950 units, up 13.5 percent
- Scion FR-S led Scion Division with sales of 1,937 units
- Lexus LS increased 117 percent, with sales of 996 units
- Lexus ES reported sales of 5,890 units, up 100.5 percent
# # #