Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Announces April – December 2015 Financial Results
February 05, 2016
Toyota’s global net income increased 9.2 percent during the nine-month period (April – December 2015) of the 2016 fiscal year.
Global Financial Highlights:
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 122-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
North America Financial Highlights:
- Global sales of 6,492,784 vehicles decreased by 246,374 units compared to the same period last fiscal year. North America posted sales gains, while Europe, Asia and other regions declined.
- Consolidated net revenues for the period totaled 21.4313 trillion yen (*$175.666 billion), up 6.5 percent.
- Operating income increased to 2.3056 trillion yen ($18.898 billion), up 9.0 percent.
- Net income jumped to 1.8860 trillion yen ($15.459 billion), a 9.2 percent increase.
(*currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 122-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
Fiscal Year Global Forecast (April 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016):
- Sales increased by 33,032 vehicles to 2,140,655 units.
- Operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) decreased to 427.6 billion yen (*$3.505 billion).
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on a projected 120-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
- Consolidated net revenue is 27.5 trillion yen (*$229.167 billion)
- Operating income is 2.8 trillion yen ($23.333 billion)
- Net income is 2.27 trillion yen ($18.917 billion)
For more information on the fiscal year results, go to:
Aaron Fowles (469) 292-1097