TORRANCE, Calif. (August 24, 2012) – Toyota Financial Services (TFS), in partnership with Toyota Motor Sales, is excited to announce that the new Prius c is the first hybrid vehicle option available to recent college graduates who want to take advantage of the company’s College Grad Rebate Program. TFS hopes to make the transition from college to workforce easier and more affordable by offering a $1,000 rebate to qualified college graduates toward the purchase of any new Scion models and select new Toyota vehicles, including the Camry (excluding Camry hybrid), Corolla, Matrix, RAV4, Tacoma, Yaris, and now, the Prius c.
The all-new Prius c joins the 2012 Toyota Prius family of vehicles, which were recently named “Best Green Car to Buy 2012” by GreenCarReports.com. The letter “c” in the Prius c moniker represents “city” and it was indeed designed specifically with city-dwelling millennials in mind. It functions as an urban-friendly vehicle with an engaging driving experience, accessible price, a city fuel economy rating of 53 mpg and available convenient and advanced in-car electronics features such as Entune™ technology. It is the ideal vehicle for the recent college graduate in the market for a fuel-efficient and tech-savvy solution to their transportation needs.
“The Prius c, is taking off as one of the most popular vehicles among young adults, but more than that, it is a dependable and economical way for recent graduates to get to new jobs and start their careers,” said Mike Groff, TFS Group Vice President of Sales, Product and Marketing. “We hope this $1,000 rebate, which can be coupled with other incentives, helps make the dream of car ownership a little easier.”
Qualified college graduates receiving the $1,000 rebate are also eligible for the College Graduate Finance Program (applicable for all new Toyota/Scion models) which offers a highly competitive APR/lease and special incentives such as:
- No money down when financing and no monthly payments for the first 90 days on select finance programs on all new untitled Toyota vehicles
- Competitive APRs on all new untitled Toyota vehicles and Toyota Certified Used Vehicles
- Waived security deposit on lease
- And of course, Toyota Care: a 2-year/25,000-mile, whichever comes first, complimentary worry-free maintenance plan with roadside assistance
The College Rebate Program for Toyota vehicles ends January 2, 2013 and is available to qualified customers who graduated within the last two years, or are about to graduate within the next six months.
How to Qualify: You must meet all of these conditions:
- Get that degree! To take advantage of the program you must:
Have graduated from an accredited four-year college, university, or registered nursing degree program during the last two years or graduate from such a school/program within the next six months, or
Have graduated from an accredited two-year college during the last two years, or
Be enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program or have received a degree from an accredited graduate program during the last two years, or
Have graduated during the last two years from the two-year Toyota Technical Education Network (T-TEN) Program or any other two-year post secondary automotive program accredited by the NATEF, or
Have completed an electrician apprenticeship/cert. program during the last two years through NJATC and IBEW.
- Get a job! Show proof of present employment, or future employment with a start date within 120 days of your purchase contract date. TFS must deem your salary sufficient to cover living expenses and vehicle payments.
- Minor credit lapses allowed! Obligations paid within 60 days or less of the due date and non-credit related (e.g., rent, utilities, health club membership, etc.) charge-offs less than $1,000 in the past 24 months are acceptable.
- On approved credit through participating Toyota dealers and Toyota Financial Services. Not all applicants will qualify. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
About Toyota Financial Services
TFS is the finance and insurance brand for Toyota in the United States, offering retail auto financing and leasing through Toyota Motor Credit Corporation (TMCC) and Toyota Lease Trust and extended service contracts through Toyota Motor Insurance Services (TMIS). Lexus Financial Services is the brand for financial products for Lexus dealers and customers. TFS currently employs over 3,200 associates nationwide, and has managed assets totaling more than $91 billion. It is part of a worldwide network of comprehensive financial services offered by Toyota Financial Services Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation. For more information, please visit www.toyotafinancial.com