Since its launch in 1996, the eight-passenger LX 570 has met the challenges of off-road adventures as well as luxurious daily driving. The LX 570 enters the 2013 model year with the new Lexus signature design cues in the front and rear, including the new Lexus spindle grille.
Equipped with a 5.7-liter V8, the LX 570 delivers the punch and towing power demanded in its segment. Even at very low speeds, such as trail driving, the transmission operates smoothly and imperceptibly.
The LX 570's transfer case provides full-time four-wheel drive that is equally adept at handling the rigors of slippery winter weather or deep mud or snow. The system uses a TORSEN® limited-slip locking center differential to distribute power 40:60 front-to-rear, directing more power to the wheels with the best grip should slippage occur.
The highly capable chassis is equipped with an advanced suspension system. The high-mount, independent double-wishbone front suspension allows for nine inches of total front wheel travel for outstanding articulation over rough roads and obstacles. The four-link trailing-arm rear suspension retains the solid-axle configuration for strength and durability.
The Adaptive Variable Suspension system provides three modes to control the spring rate and shock absorber damping force to provide optimal handling and comfort for on-road or trail driving. Comfort mode provides a softer response on extremely bumpy roads, while the Normal and Sport modes help provide increasingly greater levels of control for driving a heavily loaded vehicle, driving at higher speeds on paved roads, or driving on unpaved roads.
Standard luxury amenities include four-zone independent climate control, front power-seat cushion extenders, a rear back-up camera, Lexus Navigation System and nine-speaker Lexus Premium Sound system with iPod/USB connectivity, HD Radio™ with iTunes tagging, and Bluetooth® music streaming.
The LX 570 features the next-generation Lexus Enform® App Suite, the system that leverages the customers’ mobile phone technology to provide a new level of connectivity and information management. Users can conduct local searches through Bing, or utilize voice-enabled apps to make restaurant reservations through OpenTable®, get movie tickets via MovieTickets.com, tap into internet radio, including Pandora® and iHeartRadio, search for business reviews on Yelp and check-in on Facebook places. A one-year trial subscription to Lexus Enform and the App Suite is included.
New for 2013
- Updated Crawl Control feature provides optimum throttle and brake modulation when maneuvering over rough, uneven or difficult surfaces.
- Turn Assist helps tighten the turning circles by adding more brake force to the inside rear wheel.
- Multi-terrain Select allows drivers to optimize performance by choosing from five types of terrain settings.
- Lexus spindle grille, bumper, LED daytime running lights, headlamp design, and larger fog lamp bezels update the front.
- Rear receives tail lamps, a revised license plate surround, a more integrated tow hitch cover, and a freshened bumper with a stainless steel accent.
- New 20-inch alloy wheel design and side mirrors with integrated turn signals.
- Wider bodyside moldings.
- New exterior colors include: Nebula Gray Pearl and Satin Cashmere Metallic.
- The Easy Access system automatically retracts the steering wheel and driver’s seat when the ignition is turned off to make the driver’s ingress and egress easier.
- The instrument panel has been updated with a new color display.
- Front seats receive improved cooling.
- Freshened dash with a dark chrome finish for the center instrument cluster, and front side air vents, and a new chrome accent above the glove box.
- 120-volt power outlet added to the middle row for convenience.
- Mahogany wood trim.
- New interior leather trim color: Parchment
- 5.7-liter V8 produces 383 horsepower at 5,600 rpm and peak torque of 403 lb.-ft at 3,600 rpm.
- An electronically-controlled six-speed automatic transmission estimates road conditions and predicts the driver's intention in order to select the appropriate gear ratio for the vehicle's speed and the driving conditions.
- A sequential shift mode allows the driver to select gears manually.
- Four-wheel Active Traction Control (A-TRAC) employs both brake and throttle intervention to help control wheel spin.
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) helps maintain directional control during cornering and can be disengaged via the “TRAC off” switch.
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) helps provide additional control for off-road driving by helping to keep the vehicle from rolling back when transitioning from the brake to the gas pedal on a steep incline or slippery surface.
- Body-on-frame construction provides ruggedness and durability in challenging driving conditions, impressive ride isolation characteristics and a 7,000-pound towing capability.
- The Active Height Control (AHC) system lowers the chassis by about two inches for easy entry and exit and returns automatically to its normal height when the vehicle begins to accelerate.
- Split five-spoke, 20-inch alloy wheels with Liquid Graphite finish wear 285/50R20 tires.
- The multi-terrain Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) determines road-surface conditions and automatically optimizes lock-up control, selecting the suitable ABS profile for on- and off-road driving surfaces.
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) employs the ABS to properly balance braking forces between the front and rear wheels, while Brake Assist (BA) provides auxiliary force to assist the driver during emergency braking.
- 10 standard airbags, including driver- and front-passenger knee airbags, front and second-row seat-mounted side airbags in the outboard seating positions, and roll-sensing side curtain airbags that cover all three rows.
- First vehicle in its class to use Active Front Headrests which move upward and forward in the event of certain low speed rear-end collisions when the force of the occupant's body is applied to the seat back.
- First in its class to offer available Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
- First Lexus to offer the optional Wide-view Front and Side Camera. Designed for use in tight settings, such as parking garages, cameras can display the front and side views simultaneously in split-screen mode.
- The Lexus Navigation System includes Lexus Enform® with Safety Connect® (includes complimentary one-year trial subscription), Voice Command casual-language voice recognition and automatic Bluetooth phonebook download.
- The 40/20/40 split, power-sliding second-row seat slides forward and aft 3.5 inches for passenger comfort and cargo storage versatility.
- Power retractable third row provides easier access to the cargo area.
- The split rear tailgate features a power upper door, while the bottom section raises and lowers with minimal effort.
- Luxury Package includes a cool box for beverages; semi-aniline leather-trimmed upholstery with contrast stitching; heated steering wheel and mahogany wood trimmed door switch plates; heated and ventilated front seats, and heated second-row seats (outboard position only).
- Rear dual screen rear-seat entertainment system with wireless headphones and three-prong electrical outlet.
- For audiophiles, a 19-speaker Mark Levinson® Reference Surround Sound audio system with 450-watts maximum power and 15 channels.
- 48-month/50,000-mile basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.