Lexus IS F CCS-R To Rumble in 2013 NASA 25-Hours of Thunderhill™ Race
- 2013 marks the first year of participation for Lexus brand
- Lexus Thunderhill Team includes three champion drivers, Jeff Westphal, Ken Dobson and Tom Dyer
TORRANCE, Calif., (Nov. 19, 2013) – Lexus gives new meaning to the phrase “driving in to the sunset” with its first-ever participation in the 2013 National Auto Sport Association (NASA) 25-Hours of Thunderhill™ race in Willows, Calif. A team of three professional drivers will pilot the experienced IS F CCS-R race car for the duration of the endurance race which takes place Dec. 7-8. The race, held annually at Thunderhill Raceway Park, is considered the longest endurance road race in North America.
The Lexus Thunderhill team includes:
- Jeff Westphal: Leader of the Lexus team at Thunderhill. Jeff is well-known for setting nearly a dozen track records at tracks all over the country and has been one of the quickest drivers in his class in previous 25 Hours of Thunderhill.
- Ken Dobson: A local Northern Californian and three-time class winner of the 25 Hours of Thunderhill. An endurance racer by heart, the long-time competitor has raced American Le Mans Series (ALMS), Grand-Am, World Challenge along with National Auto Sport Association (NASA) and Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) club racing.
- Tom Dyer: A full-time competitor during the past couple seasons in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Challenge series in the ST and GS categories. He earned his first series win earlier this year at the Mid-Ohio round.
The IS F CCS-R is Lexus’ most prized race car, having competed in two Pikes Peak International Hill Climbs. The IS F CCS-R is a fast, lightweight version of the stock IS F and rides on staggered 18-inch Motegi Trak-Lite wheels (18x9 +24 front and 18x10 +55 rear) with Toyo®
RS1 tires (245/640R18 front and 285/650R18 rear). It features an eight-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission and a head-turning orange mica exterior paint job, finished with a carbon fiber hood and other carbon fiber pieces.
For more details on the 25-Hours of Thunderhill race, visit http://www.nasa25hour.com/
About Lexus: Lexus launched in 1989 with two luxury sedans and a commitment to pursue perfection. Since that time, Lexus has expanded its line-up to meet the needs of global luxury customers. Lexus is now going beyond its reputation for high quality vehicles with the integration of innovative technology, emotional exterior and interior designs, and engaging driving dynamics and performance. With five models incorporating Lexus Hybrid Drive, Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader. Lexus also offers six F SPORT models and two F models, including the LFA supercar, for top-of-the-line performance. In the United States, Lexus vehicles are sold through 233 dealers who are committed to exemplary customer service.