• Available F SPORT Package Offers Exclusive Upgrades for IS 250/350 Rear-Wheel Drive Models
• Available Lexus Enform with App Suite Brings New Level of Connectivity to the Driver
• Available HD Radio™ with iTunes Tagging, Automatic Bluetooth Phonebook Download
With All-Wheel Drive (AWD) and Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD) models, two powerful V6 engine choices, F SPORT performance accessories and many standard and available amenities the 2013 Lexus IS sport sedan provides an engaging driving experience.
The all-wheel-drive system available for both the IS 250 and IS 350 helps provide extra traction in diverse driving conditions. A planetary-gear center differential combines with a wet-type multi-disc clutch to control front-to-rear power distribution. The system normally sends 70 percent of available power to the rear wheels to provide the performance advantages of a rear-drive car and will vary the torque-split ratio from 30:70 to 50:50 in response to driving conditions and driver input. The AWD system's electronic-control strategy takes inputs such as steering and throttle angle from driver activity combined with vehicle signals from wheel speed and yaw rate sensors.
The F SPORT Package available for the IS 250/350 RWD takes inspiration from the IS F ultra-performance sedan, combining special suspension and steering tuning and 18-inch alloy wheels with a dark graphite finish. A front lip spoiler, rear deck spoiler and dark-chrome front grille insert give the IS F SPORT models a sporty appearance. Ultrasonic Blue Mica exterior color is available in conjunction with the F SPORT Package.
Inside, special F SPORT heated front seats feature a microfiber insert and leather side bolsters to provide more support for the driver and passenger during cornering. The package also adds F SPORT badging to the steering wheel, shift knob and doorsill scuff plates.
Aiding the IS models’ traction and control is Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM). More advanced than other traction and stability systems, VDIM is designed to anticipate the onset of a vehicle skid or slide while cornering and help correct the situation with a combination of braking and throttle control. VDIM integration provides precise management for Electric Power Steering (EPS), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD), and engine torque (via the electronically controlled throttle). The driver can disengage VSC via the "TRAC off" switch, which can be useful in certain situations like extricating the vehicle from mud or snow.
The standard Lexus Premium Audio System features a six-disc, in-dash CD changer, 194 watts (max.) total power, 13 speakers, iPod®/USB connectivity, Bluetooth® hands free phone and music streaming, and a Sirius XM Satellite Radio receiver. The Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) maintains consistent sound levels at varying vehicle speeds. Vehicles equipped with the available Navigation also feature Bluetooth automatic phonebook download and HD Radio™ with iTunes tagging.
Navigation equipped vehicles feature Lexus Enform® with App Suite. The App Suite leverages the customers’ mobile phone technology to provide a new level of connectivity and information management. Users can conduct local searches through Bing™, utilize voice-enabled apps to make restaurant reservations through OpenTable®, get movie tickets via MovieTickets.com, tap into internet radio, including Pandora® and iHeartRadio, search business reviews on Yelp and check in on Facebook places. A one-year trial subscription is included for the App Suite.
- Lexus Enform 2.0 ® with App Suite (one-year trial subscription included) on navigation equipped vehicles.
- Available automatic Bluetooth® phonebook download capabilities.
- Available HD Radio™ with iTunes tagging.
- The IS 250’s 2.5-liter V6 engine delivers 204 horsepower at 6,400 RPM and 185 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 4,800 rpm.
- The IS 350’s 3.5-liter V6 offers 306 horsepower at 6,400 RPM and 277 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,800 rpm.
- Both engines employ dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), which controls timing on both the intake and exhaust camshafts.
- The 3.5-liter V6 augments the direct fuel injection with port fuel injectors, and in light- and medium-load conditions, these additional injectors help produce a precise burn, optimizing power and efficiency.
- A dual exhaust system reduces back pressure at higher engine speeds.
- An advanced six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters is standard on all IS models.
- The double-wishbone front suspension and multi-link rear suspension use high-strength steel and aluminum components to reduce unsprung weight.
- Sophisticated monotube shock-absorbers integrate multi-leaf linear control valves to optimize damping force. Internal rebound springs help provide firmer body control without degrading ride comfort.
- The IS 350’s brake system is equipped with larger ventilated front and rear rotors and aluminum four-piston front calipers.
- Standard all-season performance tires are 225/45R17 in front and 245/45R17 for the rear (225/45R17 on IS 250 and IS 350 AWD).
- Eighteen-inch wheels are available.
- A reinforced passenger compartment helps protect the occupants with front- and rear-crush structures.
- In addition to the advanced dual-front airbags and front seat-mounted side airbags, the Lexus Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) for the IS includes side-curtain airbags that extend from A-pillar to C-pillar, and a knee airbag for both the driver and the front passenger.
- The front passenger airbag features two chambers, creating an indentation in the center designed to disperse the forces applied to the passenger immediately after deployment. .
- The IS 250 offers optional High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with LED daytime running lamps.
- IS 350 models feature standard HID headlamps with LED daytime running lamps and headlamp washers.
- Standard leather-trimmed interior with 10-way power front seats.
- Standard amenities also include dual-zone automatic climate control with rear-seat vents and a pollen filter (plus a smog filter on IS 350), power moonroof with one-touch open/close and seven open-position settings, manual tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, all power windows with automatic up/down feature and jam protection, HomeLink® and an auto-dimming rear-view mirror.
- AWD models feature standard heated seats.
- The SmartAccess keyless entry and push-button-start ignition allows the driver to keep the access fob in a pocket or purse.
- The rear back-up camera, included with the optional navigation system, automatically projects an image of what its lens can detect behind the car onto the navigation screen when the transmission is in reverse gear.
- The Luxury Package includes wood trim, perforated leather-trimmed seating, heated and ventilated front seats, three-position memory for the driver’s seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, power tilt and telescopic steering column and auto-dimming outside mirrors. HID headlamps with LED DRL are included for IS 250 models.
- The 300 watt Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound Audio system features 14-speakers, discrete 5.1 multi-channel playback with 7.1-channel speaker architecture, 10 amplifier channels at 0.1 percent total harmonic distortion (THD).
- A notably wide stance and long wheelbase, coupled with tightly drawn bodywork, give the IS an athletic, road-hungry yet sophisticated style.
- Carefully shaped body contours, a subtle ducktail-curved trunk lid and “air kick” tail lamps contribute to a low 0.28 coefficient of drag (Cd).
- A highly rigid body structure is the starting point for controlling noise intrusion.
- Bright, clear Optitron gauges and smartly integrated metallic trim, or available Bird's-eye Maple trim, contribute to an elegant yet sporty interior.
- The multi-information display located within the speedometer integrates a trip computer and an oil-maintenance reminder and system warnings, all grouped in one convenient location.
- Lexus offers a selection of F Sport Performance Accessories for the IS models, including performance-enhancing parts such as 19-inch forged alloy wheels, brake upgrades, suspension systems, air intake, exhaust system and more.
- F Sport Performance Accessories by Lexus U.S.A. are engineered by Toyota Racing Development (TRD).
- When installed by an authorized dealer, the accessories are covered by warranty for 12 months or for the balance of the new car warranty, whichever is greater.
- 48-month/50,000-mile basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.