Navigate urban traffic in superlative comfort with room for eight? Wind along rutted, off-road trails to a secluded vacation home? Tow a horse trailer? The Lexus LX 570 can dispatch all of those duties with aplomb, all the while providing the comfort, luxury and infotainment technology expected from a Lexus flagship model. A safari would not be out of the question.
The Lexus LX was the first premium, full-capability prestige three-row luxury utility vehicle, and the latest edition, refreshed in 2013, wears the bold brand-signature spindle grille front design.
While many luxury buyers find an all-wheel drive crossover fits their needs, those requiring true off-pavement driving capability and high towing capacity find those capabilities with seating for up to eight in the LX 570. For nearly 20 years, the Lexus LX models have offered an optimal balance of luxury, off-road capability and everyday usability. It’s the luxury SUV that can take the whole family on a camping adventure, including towing the camper. The LX 570 comes standard with a 7,000-pound towing capacity. No-Compromise Capability
The LX 570’s capability to handle heavy loads and rutted roads is rooted in its high-strength body-on-frame construction and plenty of power. The 5.7-liter V8 engine produces 383 horsepower and 403 lb.-ft. of torque and is teamed to a six-speed automatic transmission with standard full-time four-wheel drive. Ninety percent of peak torque comes on stream at just 2,200 rpm, giving the LX 570 exceptional responsiveness and also making it an outstanding tow vehicle.
The full-time four-wheel drive system in the Lexus LX 570 employs a Torsen®
limited-slip locking center differential that splits the power 40:60 under normal driving conditions. The rearward power bias contributes to on-road agility. The Torsen differential responds to changing conditions, adjusting the power distribution as necessary, with no input needed from the driver. The driver can, however, lock the center differential to handle especially challenging off-road trails.
Working in concert with the 4WD system, the four-wheel Active Traction Control system (A-TRAC) helps to control wheel slip. The Multi-Terrain Select system lets the driver select the type of terrain -- Rock, Rock & Dirt, Mogul, Loose Rock, or Mud & Sand – to optimize Active Traction Control.
A driver-selectable low range for the transmission, something many other luxury SUVs lack, provides low-speed crawling capability for handling steep off-road declines. Shifting into low range engages
Active Height Control, which raises the vehicle to increase ground clearance by two inches.
Low-range capability is augmented by Crawl Control with Turn Assist and Hill-start Assist Control. Crawl Control carefully manipulates the throttle and brakes to help maintain a steady slow, even pace on steep declines or while maneuvering over rough, uneven or difficult surfaces. The Hill-start Assist Control can prevent the LX 570 from rolling backward when moving from a stop on an incline.
While on trails, the LX 570’s Turn Assist feature helps tighten the vehicle turning circle by applying brake force to the inside rear wheel. The Variable Gear Ratio Steering gives the LX 570 optimal steering response in slow, rugged trail driving situations and enhances directional control in highway driving. Silken Ride
What’s really remarkable about the Lexus LX 570’s capability is that it’s paired with the brand’s renowned silken ride quality. High-strength construction establishes the foundation for such comfort, and it’s aided here by Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS). This technology continually adjusts the shock absorber damping rates on the move, ensuring optimal comfort even as the road surface changes. Selectable Comfort, Normal and Sport modes allow the driver to tailor the system’s ride firmness and comfort.
Whatever the suspension setting, everyone aboard rides in the lap of luxury, as the Lexus LX 570 comes equipped with such standard amenities as a driver’s 14-way power adjustable front seat, four-zone independent climate control, front power-seat cushion extenders, navigation system, a rear back-up camera, a power-sliding second-row seat and power-retractable third-row seat.
The LX 570 can even help make getting in and out of the vehicle easier. When the ignition is turned off, the Easy Access system automatically retracts the steering wheel and moves the driver’s seat rearward. Both return to their preset memory positions the next time the driver is seated and turns on the ignition. Active Height Control, which is engaged for off-road travel, lowers the LX 570 by about two inches to assist when entering or exiting. Normal height resumes automatically when the vehicle begins to accelerate. Versatility
When full 8-passenger seating is not needed, the Lexus LX 570 can open up a large useful cargo area. With the 50/50 split power-retractable third row seat folded into the floor, the LX 570 provides 41 cu. ft. of carrying space, and this expands to 83.1 cu. ft. with the 40/20/40 split middle row folded. The clamshell-design tailgate, which features a power upper section, is much more versatile than a typical one-piece hatch. Connected, Informed and Entertained
Cutting-edge multimedia abounds in the Lexus LX 570, providing something for everyone onboard. Lexus Enform®
can make a compatible Bluetooth®
smartphone even smarter. The available Enform service, with Destination Assist, eDestination, and App Suite, comes with the Navigation System/Mark Levinson®
Audio Package. Lexus Enform provides access to the subscription-free App Suite. These voice-enabled apps let you search the Internet through Bing™
, make restaurant reservations through OpenTable®
, get movie tickets via MovieTickets.com™
, listen to Internet radio, including , Pandora®
, and iHeartRadio™
, search business reviews on Yelp®
, and check in on Facebook Places™
Lexus Enformwith Safety Connect®
is available by subscription. Complimentary one-year trial subscriptions are available on all purchases of new Lexus vehicles equipped with these features. Safety Connect is standard on all vehicles while Lexus Enform with Safety Connect is on all vehicles equipped with the optional Navigation system. The Lexus Enform and the Safety Connect response centers operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—every day of the year.
Lexus Enform vehicles are factory ready for subscriptions to a variety of innovative SiriusXM®
services including NavTraffic, NavWeather, Sports, Stocks and Fuel Prices. SiriusXM services offer complimentary one-year trial data subscription.
The standard navigation system features Voice Command casual-language voice recognition.
Music plays in the LX 570 via iPod®
/USB connectivity, HD Radio™
tagging, and streaming music via Bluetooth through a nine-speaker Lexus Premium Sound system or the available, sonically stunning 19-speaker, 450-watt Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound audio system. An available dual screen rear seat entertainment system allows two sources to be viewed at the same time. A 120-volt power outlet in the middle row can power a video game, laptop computer or other device. Vehicle Details Engine/Transmission/Drivetrain/Performance
- 5.7-liter V8 produces 383 horsepower at 5,600 rpm and 403 lb.-ft. peak torque at 3,600 rpm.
- An electronically-controlled six-speed automatic transmission estimates road conditions and predicts the driver's intention in order to select the appropriate gear ratio for the vehicle's speed and the driving conditions.
- A sequential shift mode allows the driver to select gears manually.
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) helps maintain directional control during cornering and can be disengaged via the “TRAC off” switch.
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) helps provide additional control for off-road driving by helping to keep the vehicle from rolling back when transitioning from the brake to the gas pedal on a steep incline or slippery surface.
- Body-on-frame construction provides ruggedness and durability in challenging driving conditions, along with impressive ride isolation characteristics and a 7,000-pound maximum towing capability.
- The Active Height Control (AHC) system lowers the chassis by about two inches for easy entry and exit and returns automatically to its normal height when the vehicle begins to accelerate.
- Split five-spoke, 20-inch alloy wheels with Liquid Graphite finish and 285/50R20 tires.
- The multi-terrain Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) determines road-surface conditions and automatically optimizes lock-up control, selecting the suitable ABS profile for on- and off-road driving surfaces.
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) employs the ABS to properly balance braking forces between the front and rear wheels, while Brake Assist (BA) provides auxiliary force to assist the driver during emergency braking.
- Crawl Control feature provides optimum throttle and brake modulation when maneuvering over rough, uneven or difficult terrain.
- Turn Assist helps tighten the vehicle’s turning circle by adding more brake force to the inside rear wheel.
- 10 standard airbags, including driver- and front-passenger knee airbags, front and second-row seat-mounted side airbags in the outboard seating positions, and roll-sensing side curtain airbags that cover all three rows.
- First vehicle in its class to use Active Front Headrests that move upward and forward in the event of certain low speed rear-end collisions when the force of the occupant's body is applied to the seat back.
- First in its class to offer available Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
- First Lexus to offer the optional Wide-view Front and Side Monitor. Designed for use in tight settings, such as parking garages, cameras can display the front and side views simultaneously in split-screen mode
- 120-volt power outlet in the middle row.
- Mahogany wood trim.
- The 40/20/40 split, power-sliding second-row seat slides forward and aft 3.5 inches for passenger comfort and cargo storage versatility.
- Power retractable third row provides easy access to the cargo area.
- The split rear tailgate features a power upper door, while the bottom section raises and lowers with minimal effort.
- Luxury Package includes a cool box for beverages; semi-aniline leather-trimmed upholstery with contrast stitching; heated steering wheel and mahogany wood trimmed door switch plates and rear armrest; heated and ventilated front seats, and heated second-row seats (outboard positions).
- Dual screen rear-seat entertainment system with wireless headphones and three-prong electrical outlet.
- Cutting-edge infotainment abounds in the Lexus LX 570, providing something for everyone onboard.
- 48-month/50,000-mile basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.