• Available First-Ever RX F SPORT Includes Eight-Speed Transmission with Paddle Shifters, Sport Tuned Suspension
• New Aggressive Front Fascia Highlighted by Lexus’ Signature Spindle Grille
• Optional Sport Appearance Package Features 19-Inch Wheels and Unique Front Bumper
The new RX 350 will continue to be the most popular choice in the luxury crossover segment it created over 10 years ago. The 2013 RX luxury utility vehicle features an updated look with the new bolder, signature Lexus spindle grille, exterior enhancements, and an upgraded interior. For the first time, an F SPORT model featuring eight-speed transmission, paddle shifters and sport-tuned suspension for a more engaging driving experience is available.
A key factor in the RX models’ handling agility is the uniquely designed double-wishbone rear suspension. Another key benefit of the rear suspension is that the packaging yields greater cargo area room. The front suspension geometry was optimized with a thick stabilizer bar. Inversely wound front coil springs compress in opposite directions, preventing the negative effects of suspension compression on steering resulting in better straight line stability.
All RX models are equipped with a power tilt and telescopic steering column. To ease entry and exit, the seat automatically slides up to two inches rearward and the steering wheel tilts upward and slides forward when the engine is switched off. Upon pushing the “ON” switch, the seat and steering wheel return to their last position automatically.
RX models are equipped with a segment-leading 10 standard airbags, including side curtain airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags, rear side airbags (for the outboard seating positions) and knee airbags for the driver and the front passenger.
The optional Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control uses millimeter-wave radar to measure and help maintain a pre-set following distance from a vehicle traveling directly ahead. The radar sensor can detect certain obstacles in front of the car, and a PCS computer with vehicle speed, steering angle and yaw-rate inputs helps to determine whether a collision is imminent. In such a situation, PCS preemptively retracts front seat belts and pre-initializes Brake Assist so that increased braking will be applied the instant the driver depresses the pedal.
High-intensity LEDs on the available Heads Up Display, project high-contrast white figures onto the windshield, which are easier to read – and easier on the eyes. The HUD offers displays for speed, navigation, and audio. A wedge-shaped windshield interlayer for the HUD projection area eliminates the printed grid pattern seen on some other vehicles equipped with HUDs.
Navigation equipped vehicles feature Lexus Enform® with App Suite. The App Suite leverages the customers’ mobile phone technology to provide a new level of connectivity and information management. Users can conduct local searches through Bing™, utilize voice-enabled apps to make restaurant reservations through OpenTable®, get movie tickets via MovieTickets.com, tap into internet radio, including Pandora® and iHeartRadio, search business reviews on Yelp and check in on Facebook places. A one-year trial subscription is included for the App Suite.
An optional rear-seat entertainment system includes two high-resolution seven-inch screens, one on each of the front seatbacks. Each screen can display video from separate sources. A remote control allows independent control of each screen. Rear-seat occupants can also choose to listen to audio through the wireless headphones instead of the vehicle speakers.
New for 2013
- New bumper, complemented with new headlamp design, LED daytime running lights and distinctive fog lamp bezels.
- Power back door.
- Updated tail lamps and the rear license plate surround.
- New exterior colors include: Silver Lining Metallic, Claret Mica, Deep Sea Mica, and Fire Agate Pearl.
- Optional Sport Appearance Package (not available on RX 350 AWD) offers an unique front bumper, halogen headlamps and 19-inch wheels with superchrome finish.
RX 350 AWD F SPORT
- Center console has been redesigned for versatility and easy accessibility.
- Ebony Bird’s-Eye Maple wood trim.
- Steering wheel has been redesigned for a more comfortable and relaxing grip.
- Metallic glove box accents.
- USB iPod/mp3 control.
- Available Saddle Leather interior
- Available leather-trimmed interior with contrast stitching on seats, center console and door-mounted armrests.
- 19-inch split five-spoke wheels in a Dark Graphite finish with 235/55R/19 tires.
- Eight-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
- F SPORT-tuned suspension.
- F SPORT exterior and steering wheel badging.
- Unique sport front bumper and mesh grille.
- Black leather-trimmed seats with white contrast stitching, black headliner, and aluminum pedals and footrest.
- All features from the available Premium and Comfort packages.
Available All-Wheel Drive
- 270 horsepower, 3.5-liter V6 engine with a six-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) and Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i).
- The torque converter uses a low-speed lockup damper to enable lock-up from first to sixth gear to help improve the fuel economy.
- The Multi-Mode Sequential Shift Automatic Transmission allows the driver to shift manually when desired.
- An Intelligent Shift Control sets shift patterns based on the vehicle speed and throttle position and estimates road conditions and driver input to automatically control the shift pattern.
- Active Torque Control AWD system uses an electronically controlled coupling ahead of the rear differential to vary torque distribution anywhere from 100:0 to 50:50 front to rear, depending on driving dynamics and road conditions.
- When accelerating, or starting on a low-grip surface, torque is quickly provided to all four wheels.
- At steady speeds, torque is sent only to the front wheels, enhancing fuel efficiency.
- Two-piston front caliper brakes.
- 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 235/60R18 tires. Two optional 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 235/55R19 tires.
- RX 350 F SPORT suspension provides firmer shocks and springs, a front performance damper, a rear damper and a bracing system that connects the left and right sides of the rear structural frame for a more engaging driving experience.
- RX 350 F SPORT features standard VDIM handling technology that anticipates loss of vehicle control, governs all of the vehicle’s dynamic handling systems – the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC) – with the electronic throttle control system, adds steering assist torque and provides a limited slip differential effect.
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) uses brake pressure to help prevent the vehicle from moving backward when starting out on an incline.
- Active front headrests help to reduce the severity of a whiplash injury in the event of certain types of lower speed rear collisions.
- Smart Stop Technology will automatically reduce engine power when the brake pedal and the accelerator pedal are applied simultaneously under certain driving conditions.
- 10-way power front seats with power lumbar adjustment.
- Leather-wrapped three-spoke steering wheel with integrated audio controls.
- SmartAccess keyless entry with push-button start.
- Voice recognition and Bluetooth® technology hands-free communication when paired with a compatible smartphone.
- Available smog sensor designed to detect harmful particles (CO, HC, NOx) in other vehicles’ exhaust emissions and automatically switch between fresh air and recirculation modes.
- A ventilation function for the front seats helps improve comfort on hot and humid days.
- The 15-speaker Mark Levinson® Surround Sound system allows listeners to enjoy 330 watts at 0.1 percent THD through 7.1-channel surround sound.
- The Hard Disc Drive (HDD) navigation system eliminates the need for DVD map discs and offers Voice Command casual-language voice recognition, Lexus Enform® with Safety Connect® (includes complimentary one-year trial subscription), and automatic Bluetooth phonebook download.
- The back-up camera helps provide the driver with a wider range of visibility while in reverse and displays images on the central control screen.
- The LED daytime running lights and the rear combination lamps reflect the “L” design motif.
- Fog lamps are integrated into the sculpted lower front bumper fascia.
- The side mirrors feature integrated LED turn signal lamps.
- The rear spoiler’s primary function is to help lower the vehicle’s Coefficient of drag (Cd), but it also conceals the rear wiper and houses the AM/FM radio antenna and high-mount stop lamp.
- A high contrast white Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) is used for the multi-information display located next to the speedometer.
- RX models feature an Eco driving indicator zone that displays current fuel economy and alerts the driver when they are achieving high fuel efficiency.
- To help reduce driver distraction and wasted movement, Lexus engineers strategically placed several features close to the driver including the multi-information switch, the Remote Touch console-mounted navigation controller and the optional Heads-Up Display.
- A multi-information switch on the steering wheel allows the driver to access numerous function settings without taking hands off the steering wheel, and reduces the number of individual switches, contributing to a cleaner instrument panel.
- Vehicle settings can be customized, including personal door-lock preferences, interior/exterior light adjustments, driver’s seat easy exit, and window-closure settings.
- 48-month/50,000-mile basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.