Lexus continues to dominate the luxury hybrid market with the ever-popular CT 200h. The CT demonstrates the brand’s commitment to unparalled quality, sophistication and technology in a fun-to-drive package. The CT moves into the 2013 model year with minimal changes.
The CT 200h’s size, packaging, full hybrid technology and ultra-low emissions perfectly meet the requirements of a young, highly discerning, environmentally conscientious customer. Yet it offers no compromise on the refinement and driving pleasure which hallmark the progressive luxury inherent in every Lexus.
The CT 200h boasts remarkably low fuel consumption and has an impressive combined EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 42 mpg, 43 mpg city and 40 mpg on the highway using regular 87-octane gasoline. Moreover, the CT 200h can be operated under certain conditions, in a driver selectable EV mode which generates zero emissions.
The CT employs an exhaust heat recovery system that captures the heat of spent exhaust gases to speed engine coolant warm-up and allows the hybrid system to stop the engine earlier and more often in the driving cycle when it’s not needed, for example in low power demand conditions in city driving.
The CT 200h pairs an electric drive motor to generate a total system output of 134 horsepower. A second motor in the hybrid system serves as both engine starter and generator to charge the hybrid battery pack.
For a fun-to-drive experience, the CT 200h also incorporates a drive-mode selector that allows the driver to toggle between four distinct modes: Normal, Sport, Eco or EV. Normal mode has an essentially linear throttle response that gives naturally progressive power. Sport mode can be selected when the driver wants a more dynamic experience. In Eco mode, air conditioning settings are adjusted and the throttle response is reduced relative to the pedal angle to emphasize fuel economy. Under certain circumstances, the EV mode can allow the vehicle to be driven short distances using only the electric motors.
Responsive passing acceleration is enabled by the instant torque of the electric motor and the E-CVT’s ability to quickly find the optimal gear ratio enhance the driving experience.
An optional F SPORT package takes inspiration from the Lexus F SPORT performance accessories, combining F SPORT-tuned suspension and 17-inch wheels with high-gloss finish. Adding to the sporty feel are a front grille with mesh pattern, metal front scuff plates, perforated leather steering wheel, leather shift knob, aluminum sport pedals and metallic trim on the dash panel.
New for 2013
- New exterior colors include: Silver Lining Metallic and Ultra White available on F SPORT package
- Updated Navigation with next generation Lexus Enform® with Safety Connect® and App Suite, and HD Radio™ with iTunes® tagging
- Navigation screen can be kept closed at start up
- Padded driver’s arm rest
- Park Assist available as standalone option
- Seat Comfort Package - heated front seats and four-way power passenger seat (required with Premium Package).
- CT 200h features a suspension design which combines a MacPherson strut front system with a fully independent double-wishbone rear suspension.
- A unique lateral performance damper system has been designed to absorb and minimize body vibrations to offer a more linear steering feel and further enhanced ride comfort.
- The CT 200h braking system is augmented by regenerative braking which also helps recharge the hybrid battery pack and improve fuel economy.
- Standard 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels on the CT 200h are equipped with P215/45 R17 all-season tires.
- Standard eight-airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) with dual-stage driver and front passenger airbags and knee airbags, side curtain airbags, and front seat-mounted side airbags.
- Optional Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control can help reduce collision damage and uses millimeter-wave radar to measure and help maintain a pre-set distance from a vehicle traveling ahead. PCS is equipped with a front-mounted radar sensor that is designed to detect certain obstacles in front of the car.
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support and four-way manual-adjustable front passenger seat.
- The standard six-speaker audio system features the world's first automotive speakers constructed with sustainable bamboo and resin.
- Voice recognition and Bluetooth® technology hands-free communication when paired with a compatible smartphone.
- Optional Navigation Package includes HDD navigation system, back-up camera and voice command. Also features Bluetooth hands free phone, phone book download capabilities, and Lexus’ exclusive Remote Touch controller with user-adjustable haptic feedback. Includes App Suite (Bing™, Pandora®, iheartradio, Open Table®, Movie Tickets.com) and HD Radio with iTunes tagging.
- An optional Premium Audio Package includes the Lexus premium audio system with 10-speakers and six-disc CD changer, Homelink® and electrochromic rearview mirror with compass.
- An optional Leather Package includes perforated leather seats, driver memory, and rain sensing variable intermittent wipers.
- LED low beam headlights with dynamic auto-leveling with headlamp cleaners, Electrochromatic (auto-dimming) rearview mirror with backup camera and Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
- Park Assist
- Seat Comfort Package: Heated front seats and 4-way power passenger seat
- The grille is flanked by headlamp clusters positioned on a higher plane than the grille itself.
- Headlamps themselves focus on piercing, single halogen or optional twin LED low beam lamps.
- Compact and aerodynamic door mirrors with an integral, LED side turn signal lamp.
- Tail lamps incorporating a Lexus-unique L-shaped motif.
- Careful aerodynamic detailing of the lower bumper and finned rear undercover smooths airflow from beneath the car, further improving both vehicle stability and fuel consumption.
F SPORT Package
- The dashboard is divided into two distinct zones: an upper, Display Zone, with an eight-inch, LCD multi-display screen located at an ideal distance for at-a-glance viewing, and a lower, Operation Zone, which allows access to the uniquely designed shift lever and system controls.
- The front seats feature pronounced side bolsters engineered with internal wire framing for additional lateral support during high-G cornering.
- The extensive use of metallic finishes and dark, soft touch materials reinforces the premium quality of the cockpit.
- Ecological Plastics with 30 percent plant-based Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) materials are used for the floor mats, deck side and deck board trim. The CT is more than 80 percent recyclable and is designed to be easily dismantled. Recycle marks have been placed on the front, rear and tailgate trim to facilitate optimum recycling.
- Combines F SPORT-tuned suspension and 17-inch wheels with high-gloss finish.
- A front grille with mesh inserts, metal front scuff plates, a perforated leather steering wheel, leather shift knob, aluminum sport pedals and metallic trim on the dash panel, add to the sporty feel.
- Black NuLuxe trimmed seats or perforated black leather-trimmed seats with white perforation are available in the F SPORT package
- 48-month/50,000miles basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.
- Eight years/100,000 miles hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery-control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter.