2012 Toyota U.S. Year in Review
TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 29, 2012 – As the U.S. auto industry heads into a new year, Toyota looks back at a tremendous year of growth and accomplishments in 2012. Here are some of the highlights:
- Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A. launched the all-new Avalon, Prius c hybrid, RAV4 EV all-electric SUV and the 2013 RAV4.
- The Toyota Tundra built in San Antonio, Texas, successfully towed the Space Shuttle Endeavour over the 405 freeway in Los Angeles.
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America produced its 25millionth North American-built vehicle.
- Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good program awarded 100 new vehicles to 100 deserving non-profits across the country and $400,000 in grants to 500 non-profits.
- Toyota Financial Services celebrated 30 years of providing retail and wholesale financing, retail leasing, vehicle protection plans and certain other financial services in America.
- Toyota brand unveiled a new tagline “Let’s Go Places” that conveys a dual meaning of physically going places and taking off on an adventure, while also expressing optimism and the promise of exciting innovation that enriches people's lives.
Additional Toyota milestones can be found on www.toyotanewsroom.com
# # #
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. Media Line (310) 468-5297