The Toyota exhibit at the 2011 SEMA Show will feature the debut of the Long Beach Racers Tacoma. Inspired by the upcoming limited edition 2012 Tacoma TRD T|X TRD Baja Series coming next year, the Long Beach Racers Tacoma will be competing in the 2011 Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 with former freestyle motocross rider racer Andy Bell behind the wheel. Currently starring in MTV’s Nitro Circus, Andy will be available to talk about this special Tacoma race truck and the upcoming BAJA 1000 at a press conference that will take place at the Toyota exhibit on Nov. 1 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time.
The race truck is a grassroots effort of Long Beach Racers, a group of Toyota enthusiasts who specialize in racing Toyota trucks in Baja. The truck is currently in contention for the SCORE Stock Mini class championship.
Modifications include a TIG welded, SCORE approved roll cage with the Long Beach Racers trademark “low profile” rear cage design to keep the rear view clean, custom Bilstein 60mm race shocks, 35-inch BFGoodrich Project Tires on 16-inch TRD Baja Series wheels, Hella HID lights on custom mounts on the bumper and in place of the exterior mirrors, PCI Race Radio and intercom systems, Mastercraft race seats, harnesses and window nets, Defined Engineering Spring-Under kit, CMI Carbon Fiber skidplates, MBRP Exhaust system, 50 gallon fuel cell, TRD Big Brake kit, and a custom wrap that incorporates the TX Baja Series graphic concept.
In addition to competing at the BAJA 1000, the Long Beach Racers Tacoma can also be expected at the Off Road Expo, Supercross, Dew Tour, and 2012 SCORE races.
# # #
LONG BEACH RACERS TACOMA MODIFICATIONS
- A TIG welded, SCORE Approved roll cage with the Long Beach Racers trademark “low profile” rear cage design to keep the rear view clean
- Custom Bilstein 60mm race shocks
- 35” BFGoodrich Project Tires on 16” TRD Baja Series wheels
- Hella HID lights on custom mounts on the bumper and in place of the exterior mirrors
- PCI Race Radio and intercom systems
- Mastercraft race seats, harnesses and window nets
- Defined Engineering Spring-Under kit
- CMI Carbon Fiber skidplates
- MBRP Exhaust system
- K&N Air Filter
- 50-gallon fuel cell
- TRD Big Brake kit
- Custom wrap that incorporates the TX Baja Series graphic concept
Long Beach Racers, Bilstein Shocks, BF Goodrich Tires, TRD Wheels and brakes, Hella Lights, Defined Engineering, PCI Race Radios, Mastercraft Safety Equipment, Turn14 Distribution, Nitro Gear, Toyota Motorsports Technical Center, CarbonFiber.com, K&N, MBRP Exhaust, CMI composite skidplates, Racer.com, Wahoo’s, Blue C, Skull Candy, Spin Imaging, Red Car Brewery